Cyclist Killed

Mojoman

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

where in Somerset West is this road?

On your way to Kuils river( the road witch is parallel to the N2)

So did they both go in the same direction?

Then he must have gone at one m0er$e speed!

I normally train on that road!

RIP man! Do anybody know who he is?

Actually I witnessed a cyclist throwing a waterbottle at a taxi once for coming down the wrong side of the road and nearly knocking us all out, I have to admit it was a bloody amazing site :-), sorry it felt good to see, he was fine he will never do it again that's for sure.

When I am running though, I am knicknamed the car slapper, if you sms and swerve towards me expect a slap car, or a missing side mirror, its happened many times where even approaching on coming traffic i suddenly see someone swerving towards me because their head is in their laps. Its not just about cyclists, its runners to, pedestrians etc. The last thing I would ever want would be for my children to fall victim to these idiots, I am a driver as well, it seems that people have become very arrogant on the roads these days and even more aggressive.

+1000 I was considering running with a few old spark plugs in my hands or perhaps even a paint ball gun ...

+1000 I was considering running with a few old spark plugs in my hands or perhaps even a paint ball gun ...

Yeah, I've seen the sparkplug through the windscreen trick. Works a treat.

Yeah, I've seen the sparkplug through the windscreen trick. Works a treat.

Ball bearings work that much better

It is extremely sad for something like this to happen. We all have our close calls on the road with motorists and they with us as well. I also get cross when some stupid driver threatens my life if he passes closer than an arms length from me. Happened this morning, same driver every morning. Know who he is and will report him. But we cannot take the law into our own hands; it causes more anger from the motorists as well and gives them more ammo to point fingers at us cyclist. We don't have a chance against angry motorists if they retaliate and use their vehicles to ram us off the road. Violence and anger eats at your soul and will make you do things you might regret. If we would treat each other with more respect, it would help

Violence and anger eats at your soul and will make you do things you might regret. If we would treat each other with more respect, it would help

Post of the day. You okes should rather put this on your twitface pages.

Edited by TNT1

It is extremely sad for something like this to happen. We all have our close calls on the road with motorists and they with us as well. I also get cross when some stupid driver threatens my life if he passes closer than an arms length from me. Happened this morning, same driver every morning. Know who he is and will report him. But we cannot take the law into our own hands; it causes more anger from the motorists as well and gives them more ammo to point fingers at us cyclist. We don't have a chance against angry motorists if they retaliate and use their vehicles to ram us off the road. Violence and anger eats at your soul and will make you do things you might regret. If we would treat each other with more respect, it would help

thumbup1.gifthumbup1.gifthumbup1.gif Wonder how a motorist will react when a cyclist rips off his mirror. Will he stop smsing? Or will he also act irrationally next time when he sees a cyclist and maybe try to clip his back wheel or force him off the road?

Edited by FanieFiets

Wonder what the driver was doing in the yellow lane in the first place if she had two lanes to drive in. Even if that was a cycling lane, I bet she would have still killed him :cursing:

I rode past the scene this morning just after the paramedics had arrived. By the way they were walking away from the cyclist towards the vehicle I realised that something was seriously wrong. The guys bike was totally mangled - the rear wheel was completely shredded, and had been knocked out of the frame (and it wasn't held in by quick releases - it was bolted in). The guy was also lying about ten meters from the edge of the road, so I think he was hit at quite a speed. The sun was up, and quite bright, but at that time of the morning (6h50) it is already quite high in the sky.

I felt quite vulnerable after that and when I got cut off by a taxi on the R44 I almost sh@t myself!

Very sad indeed - condolences to the family.