lightest 29er in SA?

ti guy

I am not hating, just cringing and fearing for the rider if he/she takes this down a proper MTB single track section ..... it just looks so fragile (Stem and Handle Bars).

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the owner of this bike, and I can confirm that he can punish most people half his age on a bike and certainly takes his bike down very technical tracks.

I am sure he will have done more than enough research.

Amazing bike. Congrats

Hell man, what a bunch of bitchy snipey pricks out there.

It's not quite my personal cup of tea, but she sure a beaut and an impressive piece of engineering. Clearly put some thought into it, many happy miles on it ti dude! :thumbup:

As for the remarks about the rigid fork, there are a number of riders with fully rigid singlespeeds remember. Who've done a number of hard races, some with top finishes.

Freedom challenge for example and the solo cat at the 24hr.

Edited by danger dassie

I know the owner of this bike, and I can confirm that he can punish most people half his age on a bike and certainly takes his bike down very technical tracks.

I am sure he will have done more than enough research.

Amazing bike. Congrats

Cool ... I still get the shivers though ... that bike would make a real light SS build!

What is the weight of that rigid carbon fork of yours? Did you consider other options? I have a Trigon 26" carbon rigid fork that weights just under 500 grams .

What is the weight of that rigid carbon fork of yours? Did you consider other options? I have a Trigon 26" carbon rigid fork that weights just under 500 grams .

The fork weighs 584g, uncut. I have considered the Trigon, Ritchey and Niner forks and ultimately settled for the On-One. The Trigon was too low [42cm c-a], the Niner too high [48 c-a] and the On-One [46 c-a] suited my riding style the best. And I liked the looks :) My 2nd choice would have been the Niner, but it is quite expensive - around R4600..

Is this the lightest 29er in SA? 7.4kg, with Polar CS600X

Eish!

That looks MEAN. :D

Post the specs dude, and then once you have finished crowing, or getting dissed, post it on the BLACK BIKES ONLY fread.

:thumbup:

needs SRAM XX!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

:)I'd love to put an XX cassette on the bike, but the sponsor will kill me!

Eish!

That looks MEAN. :D

Post the specs dude, and then once you have finished crowing, or getting dissed, post it on the BLACK BIKES ONLY fread.

:thumbup:

Thanks for the compliment :lol:The specs are posted somewhere in this thread, but the frame is an Italian beauty by Antonio Sarte, a small frame-builder that has been building frames by hand for more than 30 years; check it out on http://www.sartoantonio.it/ and chat with CWC Online.The group is XTR and the other components come compliments of AX Lightness.

Edited by ti guy

• 5 weeks later...

Will you be racing this bike with the components coming from AX lightness?

Seriously though .. as a SS that bike would be flipping light!

Thanks for the compliment :lol:The specs are posted somewhere in this thread, but the frame is an Italian beauty by Antonio Sarte, a small frame-builder that has been building frames by hand for more than 30 years; check it out on http://www.sartoantonio.it/ and chat with CWC Online.The group is XTR and the other components come compliments of AX Lightness.