ASG Trans Baviaans 24hr MTB Marathon 2012

EcoBound MTB Events

Ek gaan die naweek begin mielies gooi. Is dit te laat?

nee wat, ons is amper in dieselfde oes, ekt net laas naweek begin stroop.

Edited by antonj

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nee wat, ons is amper in dieselfde oes, ekt net laas naweek begin stroop.

So lank die Spurwaentjie nog oop is as ek daar kom is ek happy

Anyone want a 2 man team eantry??

Or know of someone looking for a 2-man team entry?

I have one, drop out due to prolonged illness.

Looks like the winter and colds hit hard this year...Looks like our one teammate also pulling out.

apparently the weather not so great in the area at the moment

Rains all the way from Mosselbay and currently bucketing in PE (again). Just when proper Baviaans seems like an option, it rains again. It'll probably be Langs Baviaans again this year.

Rains all the way from Mosselbay and currently bucketing in PE (again). Just when proper Baviaans seems like an option, it rains again. It'll probably be Langs Baviaans again this year.

Will rain in PE area have a effect in the Baviaans area? I really don't want to do Langs again

Here is a question, is it possible to make the Baviaans when you only started cycling 2,5 months back, and the total time trained was not more then 20 to 30 hours in the 2,5 months?O ja and the longest ride you have done is 2,5 hours?

Will rain in PE area have a effect in the Baviaans area? I really don't want to do Langs again

No it won't, but I'm sure the rain isn't limited to PE alone, its all the way to Mosselbay. And even if it rains in the Loerie / Hankey / Patensie area, it'll cause issues I think, especially with the original run-up to Never Ender. And those towns are maybe 40-50km away - surely it rained there to.

Here is a question, is it possible to make the Baviaans when you only started cycling 2,5 months back, and the total time trained was not more then 20 to 30 hours in the 2,5 months?O ja and the longest ride you have done is 2,5 hours?

If you have some sort of base fitness, like you're a runner, you should be fine. Otherwise, it'll be a long day indeed. I'd recommend riding up to Bergplaas, have a few hours sleep there, and then about 4-5am or so head to the finish.

you will make it to the finish, very tired.

Anyone want a 2 man team eantry??

Or know of someone looking for a 2-man team entry?

I have one, drop out due to prolonged illness.

Have a Jol, I am riding on 8 weeks of training due to being sick as well. NO time goals, just to try and finish. I know I am going to have to walk at times. So what.Enjoy all the refreshments at the check points , you have paid for them as well as the fantastic views. DNF beats DNS beats DNE.

If you have some sort of base fitness, like you're a runner, you should be fine. Otherwise, it'll be a long day indeed. I'd recommend riding up to Bergplaas, have a few hours sleep there, and then about 4-5am or so head to the finish.

Nope.... it's a friend of mine.No base fitness and he smokes......also trying to give him the best advise at the moment and will remember the Bergplaas tip

I dont know if that is SUCH good advice...cause his 'a$$" will be sore when he gets there and when it 'cools down' it usually gets worst if you are not use to loooong rides....My advice: if you are not a race-snake make sure you have good company around and save all the stories for the last 80km! I won't even speak to my partners for the 1st 150km, just so we have lots to say when the going gets tough....interacting and lauging and sharing makes the km's fly by!

:( nope I cant ride, right lung still have a 40mm diameter spot of infection (yippy, its small). I have to go for xrays again in 3 weeks. I've been back on the bike, but only did about 60km in the last month - but dont tell my doc :whistling: I will go back to hospital if I do the TB now!