ASG Trans Baviaans 24hr MTB Marathon 2012

EcoBound MTB Events

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone interested in joining a two man team?

Been there done and lost the t-shirt :whistling:

Hope you find someone.

You will never be fit enough, just do not try and race it. Do not go anaerobic if possible.If you have to walk some of the climbs then do just that.The goal is to finish in less than 24hrs.

Agree.. go out slow and then ride slower if your aim is to finish. At some point it becomes more mental than physical and you have to hope that your mental 'slump' never coincides with your team mates because then it can be easy to call it a day

i am looking for a lift to the start of the trans baviaans from cape town. please contact me if you have some space. 0786427026

Report back from the guys who rode this week end.

The road from Willomore to the Wilderness area is is fine. From the start of Wilderness area there is plenty of water. Many of the rivers that cross the roads are waist deep and they had to cross with the aid of 4 x 4. Roads in this area are eroded. Fangs 2 is still a B!tch. From top Bergplaas to Kondomo is fine.

So with 3 weeks to go the water should be down to a playable level. Hold thumbs guys that we have no more heavy rain in that area over the next 3 weeks.Transbaviaans is looking good for this year.Still waiting for news on Never Ender.Last week when we rode it was still flooded.

Anyone interested in joining a two man team?

Are you still looking for a rider? What is your goal/ estimated riding time.

So daars nog 2 naweke oor, moet jy nog mielies gooi en die kilometers inpak, of moet jy al begin "minder" ry? Ons plan is om nog die naweek n lange te ry (140km) of is dit al te laat??

Ek gaan nog gooi tot die maandag voor die race, en dan daai week net kort rides doen, soos 20km.

So daars nog 2 naweke oor, moet jy nog mielies gooi en die kilometers inpak, of moet jy al begin "minder" ry? Ons plan is om nog die naweek n lange te ry (140km) of is dit al te laat??

Gooi mielies, grootes

Jy kan maar bestes gee tot die week voor di TB.

Ek gooi nog! Soveel as moontlik vir so lank as moontlik... Sal die week voor die TB begin minder ry.

Ek gaan die naweek begin mielies gooi. Is dit te laat?

My bru, teen die tyd moet die mielies die hele wereld rond le! Geen grond pad word tans sonder mielie pitte gesien nie. Het jy nie onlangs gesien hoe duur Imala and Ace geword het nie? Die demand vir mielies outstrip supply !

My bru, teen die tyd moet die mielies die hele wereld rond le! Geen grond pad word tans sonder mielie pitte gesien nie. Het jy nie onlangs gesien hoe duur Imala and Ace geword het nie? Die demand vir mielies outstrip supply !

:clap: :clap:

Daars fout met my mielies, dink dis al die reen

Daar is derem n pit of twee oor, gooi hom boetie! - VAS BYT MIN DAE!!!