Some dodgy guys on here....

RavenShield

I think the fact that he had no post counts says a lot.

Although post counts alone are no indication of integrity, but it does show how "contactable" and stable a person is.

ie, been on the hub for years, the chaps probabl not going to do a runner, but someone with 0 post counts might.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a similar Prophet frame not just a year ago here on the hub for R4k, so that bike was a good buy, hope it was legit and found an appreciative owner.

The glass is half full...

The glass is half empty...

Interesting how different people take the same info and come to different conclusions. Just an observation ;)

+1

I am new to the site and looking to buy my first MTB, i asked for some advice on the forum and got some good advice.

So i am prowling the classifieds section looking for a bike, so i find a guy advertizing a Cannondale Prophet, asked the guy (he has 0 posts on the hub, only the for sale add) some questions about the bike, he measured 2 things for me on the bike, and i was interested. So i asked him to PM me his address and contact number so i can send a family member over to check out the bike for me. Since that question of mine, the add has disappeared, as well as his add on gumtree for the same bike, and i have not gotten any pm with address or contact number...

What do you guys think??

methinks wa lala wa sala, my bra.

methinks wa lala wa sala, my bra.

I have bought 2 bikes and a fork on the hub and saved R20000.0.I live in pretoria and they were sent from Kaapstad and Nelspruit by 2 very helpfull and honest hubbers.If they have no knowledge, office, landline nr ,spouse, kids ,parents ,i would not pay and wait for the parcel .Pickup rather.As for cannondale ,they need to be fed and cleaned regularly :P

was it this add.... screen shot of 28 Dec 2011

Yes, that is the add!! only he made a new add and lowered the price to R7500

Good luck with your search. What are you looking for by the way? Surely you can do better than Crapindale?

Thanx!

I am sure i will find the right bike!

I am looking for the best MTB i can find for around 6k, maybe a tad more if the bike is a real bargain..

I have a Prophet for sale, sent PM.

Cool, can you PM me your address so I can send a mate around to have a look at it.

WELCOME to the hub

i think you spoke to soon... seeing you are both new to the hub... you maybe both have something to learn.

seems the seller did not run but maybe had another buyer for wheels and fork. from experience if you have a good deal LOTS of guys contact you and it is difficult to keep track of interrested parties / serious buyers or browsers..

WELCOME to the hub

i think you spoke to soon... seeing you are both new to the hub... you maybe both have something to learn.

seems the seller did not run but maybe had another buyer for wheels and fork. from experience if you have a good deal LOTS of guys contact you and it is difficult to keep track of interrested parties / serious buyers or browsers..

Deuteronomy 6:5...in hebrew.

Very good.