THIS is how you spell BRAKES!!!!!

kamikaze

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nou hoekom se jy so...... ek weet van Ostraljaners wat ook iengliesh as 'n eerste taal op skool moes vat. Hulle is nou jammer hulle het nie Warlpiri en Tiwi geleer nie

They probably would've been better off with Tiwi mate.

Hmmmm seems many hubbers did not go on leave over Christmas for a well needed BREAK or have not had a leg over in a while. There are folks here who did not take english as a first language at school. I would really love it if we forced all hubbers to write in Afrikaans or dare I say it Zulu just for a day. Then we will see some lovely spelling .... probably a severe decrease in the number of threads and people participating in threads. Get over it folks this is the internet not an english grammar class.

next we'll have Mxit speak on here.

next we'll have Mxit speak on here.

Someone mailed me an enquiry the other day in that 'Mixit' language, I replied back in that same style, maybe its not the best business practice but sometimes you just can't help yourself! I can't stand it!

It's that think with a free spel check. If it has sqiggilz in green, then your grammar doeth suck.

I prefer Libre Office for *nix then.

Hmmmm seems many hubbers did not go on leave over Christmas for a well needed BREAK or have not had a leg over in a while. There are folks here who did not take english as a first language at school. I would really love it if we forced all hubbers to write in Afrikaans or dare I say it Zulu just for a day. Then we will see some lovely spelling .... probably a severe decrease in the number of threads and people participating in threads. Get over it folks this is the internet not an english grammar class.

Hoor hoor, ek stem

Edited by sampie

But seriously, did nobody bother to "let op in skool"

Brakes are brakes and liking is liking.

What inspires people to want to add and extra e all the time, not to my likeing at all.

Haven't read the entire thread but there are a number of words that have been gritting my bones lately :

saddle - seat

rode - road

break - brake

peddle - pedal

alot - a lot - allot

personal - personnel

On Campagnola post - check how one of the larger retailers in Pta spell Campagnolo all over their website...

http://www.hotspotcycles.co.za/

On Campagnola post - check how one of the larger retailers in Pta spell Campagnolo all over their website...

Yes, they spell it with an a at the end, and then get it right with an e , just like you dowink.png . At least that is till better than calling it Campy in my opinion.

At least that is till better than calling it Campy in my opinion.

Yeah, for years I was calling it Campag, then all of a sudden the okes here start with the gay sounding campy bit. Freaks me out.

Haven't read the entire thread but there are a number of words that have been gritting my bones lately :

saddle - seat

rode - road

break - brake

peddle - pedal

alot - a lot - allot

personal - personnel

Maybe they selling chinese rip-offs........?whistling.gif

Yeah, for years I was calling it Campag, then all of a sudden the okes here start with the gay sounding campy bit. Freaks me out.

The only official way on the Hub is kempekkernoglia or kempekker.

Edited by eccentric1

saddle - seat

rode - road

break - brake

peddle - pedal

alot - a lot - allot

personal - personnel

Recumbents have seats which you sit in and carry your entire weight. Regular bicycles have saddles which you ride on and which support your weight.