Radio Rage about road rage

No Hare

Radio rage

This morning on the radio, for the first time I heard an ad from the road ministry: or what ever they call themselves these days… the ad tried to convey something to the following:

When you are driving in traffic and a taxi is 2 cm off your rear. What do you see?

Do you see a taxi driver or the tired woman that left home at 0400 this morning to be at work on time? And the catch fraise: don’t let road rage ….

And just there I thought: Bull shark! - Once again they want to shift the responsibility of road accidents.

What about the taxi driver and his responsibility to his/her passengers and clients to get them safely to their destination?

What about the taxi driver and his/her responsibility to other law abiding road users and their right to reach their destinations safely?

What about the taxi driver and his/ her responsibility as a citizen if this country to uphold the local laws?

And what is the responsibility of the 12 individuals within the taxi? When they aren’t actively stirring on the taxi driver, they are complacent - can they not open their mouths?

I know the ministry will say that they want to inform all road users about road safety and the responsibility of each individual.

I say “no”, if you cannot use you common sense by obeying all the relevant rules what the bull shark gives you the right to blame me for your stupidity.

So, to the road ministry: buck off you lot of bucking hypocrites!

What a cop-out.

That is tantamount to saying, "What do you see when you come home and find your house ransacked, and all your possessions stolen? Do you see a burglar, or do you see his anxious wife, who's sitting at home worrying that he'll be caught?"

Not really worth getting into, is it?

More important is where'd my worm icon go and who put this blokes face here?

Edited by Joe Low

Once again they want to shift the responsibility

typical africa.

we blame others for our own shortcomings - lack of service delivery and infrastructure is the fault of apartheid (even though the infrastructure was in better condition at the hand-over of power than it is now), poverty is apartheid's fault (even though the new government has had 18 years to educate and empower a whole new generation), a taxi driver driving like a d##s is YOUR fault for not being compassionate towards the blue collar worker in the passenger seat...go figure

it's like saying, my wife got raped, but shame, the poor rapist has been left feeling dis-empowered by society and all he was trying to do is feel like he has some sort of control over his life

Edited by kamikaze

Radio rage

This morning on the radio, for the first time I heard an ad from the road ministry: or what ever they call themselves these days… the ad tried to convey something to the following:

When you are driving in traffic and a taxi is 2 cm off your rear. What do you see?

Do you see a taxi driver or the tired woman that left home at 0400 this morning to be at work on time? And the catch fraise: don’t let road rage ….

I see a 'person' whos gonna get his ass kicked and his face smashed up

Its Governments new way of making a **** situation sound good, just listen to the new SANRAL ad on tolling or an SABC ad for your TV License - dressing the wolf in sheeps clothing

I SEE F$%&@#N RED!!! Sorry about the caps... RED I TELL YOU!!! cursing.gif

What a cop-out.

That is tantamount to saying, "What do you see when you come home and find your house ransacked, and all your possessions stolen? Do you see a burglar, or do you see his anxious wife, who's too scared to go home for the in case chance she will be home alone next time it happens?"

There I fixed it.....

Radio rage

And just there I thought: Bull shark! - Once again they want to shift the responsibility of road accidents.

What about the taxi driver and his responsibility to his/her passengers and clients to get them safely to their destination?

What about the taxi driver and his/her responsibility to other law abiding road users and their right to reach their destinations safely?

What about the taxi driver and his/ her responsibility as a citizen if this country to uphold the local laws?

And what is the responsibility of the 12 individuals within the taxi? When they aren’t actively stirring on the taxi driver, they are complacent - can they not open their mouths?

I know the ministry will say that they want to inform all road users about road safety and the responsibility of each individual.

I say “no”, if you cannot use you common sense by obeying all the relevant rules what the bull shark gives you the right to blame me for your stupidity.

So, to the road ministry: buck off you lot of bucking hypocrites!

I think you need to listen to the ad again s-l-o-w-l-y dude.

I think the point they trying to get across is that we need to work on personal tolerance, and the fact that the lack of it (as illustrated) is what leads to things like road rage and the associated carnage.

Sure, they may not have put it across all that clearly, but blinkers don't help.

Well, unless the "tired woman" is driving the taxi, I dont see the relevance.!

hahahaha!

plus, if she's tired she should go to bed earlier, or better yet, get a scooter!

FACT - you can buy a brand new scooter for less than one years taxi fare.

i still dont get why the concept of a scooter has not caught on in africa, the whole of asia seems to be mobile, yet in africa they'd rather spend the money on a taxi and be dependent on public trasnport...go figure

Hey, I'm with Drongo on personal restraint. Your rage for the taxi driver implicates the innocent onboard. Don't get so worked up.

That said, it is a cop out ad. Useless!

Kamikaze, why didn't I think of that??!! Scooters for the nation! Brilliant..

Hey, I'm with Drongo on personal restraint. Your rage for the taxi driver implicates the innocent onboard. Don't get so worked up.

That said, it is a cop out ad. Useless!

Kamikaze, why didn't I think of that??!! Scooters for the nation! Brilliant..

If you listen to the taxi drivers, they claim they are under pressure and get abuse from passengers hence their speed and other road infringements.