what is the purpose of bar-ends?

kamikaze

Why you using riser bars and not a flat bar? unsure.png

Thats what the bike came with blink.png

Is there another unwritten hub law that flat bars is faster or what?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It feels and is closer to a gholf grip .So when i ride 6 hours ,i keep thinking of gholf then i don.t get tired at all.It is also a great helmet hook

Thats what the bike came with blink.png

Is there another unwritten hub law that flat bars is faster or what?

laugh.png

Nope, not that I know of. Maybe they do rolleyes.gif . I was just wondering is all. It seems to be the most common answer from various other MTBing forums.

I do change hand position during longer rides but they are also handy when you get a puncture cos you can turn your bike upside down without scratching your gear position indicators or your trip computer/gps. Otherwise you'de have to take them off and you always forget in the rush to change the tube.

accoding to the op i must be a woes cos i get numb hands and use them to change position. also use them for climbing. based upon the responses:

the hub: 1 - OP: 0

It's never the hard core riders who voice their opinion about it.

Goodness, if I had to listen to some 'pro' opinions aired on the hub, I 'd have to do without a lot of things that make my cycling fun and enjoyable.

+1

Those who can, do - those who can't, Hub.

(nope I can't much, just a bit)

you can turn your bike upside down without scratching your gear position indicators

you have gear indicators?!?!

what is this world coming to? unsure.png

I do change hand position during longer rides but they are also handy when you get a puncture cos you can turn your bike upside down without scratching your gear position indicators or your trip computer/gps. Otherwise you'de have to take them off and you always forget in the rush to change the tube.

Why do you have gear indicators in the first place - take them off they are a load of ***. I bet you also have a bell, and most probably kept the reflectors on your wheels?

Edited by TheV

If they work for you,fine.I had bar ends,until I had a particularly nasty experience with a vine on single track,catching one.

I removed them and have never missed them at all.

Maybe they do give more power on the uphills,to me that would make me want to use them,however I am now comfortable without them,

I have done a 4 day stage race and have not had a problem with my hand position thou.

Get some of these...they add the weight but do nothing wink.png

http://carbon-trader.com/images/oberon/bar-ends-blue-500.jpg

These look like Kamikaze's butt plugs??

Interesting topic and even a more interesting motive behind it.

So now the free ride-downhill wannabes want to create an even greater divide in the sport.

Well done chaps, yes lycra pants are gay, we get it thumbup1.gif

These look like Kamikaze's butt plugs??

Hey Kamikaze what's your scientific name for these babies?

oops.gif I have always been doing that!

I have sinned a long time ago already by breaking the 1st commandment of hub land: Thou shall only have Italian groupsets on Itallian bikes! Guess what, I dont give a crap what anyone thinks, I will put whatever I like on my bikes ... if someone doesnt like it ... that is their problem w00t.gif

Ai, Ai Tank... You really need help.... First that, now the bar ends on riser bars....

post-388-0-29106100-1326693965.jpg

I use them to change hand possition and mostly when climbing. I tried to go without them but cant so they are back on my bike.