Get some of these...they add the weight but do nothing wink.png

http://carbon-trader.com/images/oberon/bar-ends-blue-500.jpg

Edited by gummibear

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

other than only existing for those guys who continually look for ways to bling their bikes (and in doing so keep adding k@k that makes it HEAVIER), what is the purpose of bar-ends!?!?!?!

i have looked at these, even tried using them, but i still can't figure out what they are supposed to do.

all they did was catch on trees, bushes, and on clothing, and make loading the bike on bike racks even more annoying as they get caught on EVERYTHING!

sure, maybe, just maybe if you are in the lead peleton on the epic you might argue they have a use, but what is the use to the high-saddle & spandex weekend warriors ?

and dont say "because my hands get sore and i like changing the position".

if that's the case, grow a pair of balls, i have never experienced sore hands, ever.

on top of that, they have started shaping them to look like sex toys for gays. and i just LOVE those new grips that go along with them, you know, the ones that have extra wings for comfort, just like a maxi pad.

maxi pads:

post-8154-0-87079000-1326621769.jpg

dildo-ends aka "the violator":

post-8154-0-86875900-1326621785.jpg

the "anal-bead":

post-8154-0-20082600-1326621827.jpg

wahahaha! Great post dude. Couldn't agree more.

so if that's your logic then you may also ask... what's the purpose of shocks or suspension forks??? If you grow a pair of balls (in your words) then i guess you can ride almost anywhere with a rigid too? but do you want to?

I ride a full-sus MTB with bar-ends... because I CAN

Get some of these...they add the weight but do nothing wink.png

http://carbon-trader.com/images/oberon/bar-ends-blue-500.jpg

They could look cool

imo... if u like use it if not don't

i see people speak about do's and don't style wise,

I do my own thing that works for me, if i followed the crowds i would have spend R500 on power balance $hit. I did not an was able to buy nice bar ends

other than only existing for those guys who continually look for ways to bling their bikes (and in doing so keep adding k@k that makes it HEAVIER), what is the purpose of bar-ends!?!?!?!

i have looked at these, even tried using them, but i still can't figure out what they are supposed to do.

all they did was catch on trees, bushes, and on clothing, and make loading the bike on bike racks even more annoying as they get caught on EVERYTHING!

sure, maybe, just maybe if you are in the lead peleton on the epic you might argue they have a use, but what is the use to the high-saddle & spandex weekend warriors ?

and dont say "because my hands get sore and i like changing the position".

if that's the case, grow a pair of balls, i have never experienced sore hands, ever.

on top of that, they have started shaping them to look like sex toys for gays. and i just LOVE those new grips that go along with them, you know, the ones that have extra wings for comfort, just like a maxi pad.

maxi pads:

post-8154-0-87079000-1326621769.jpg

dildo-ends aka "the violator":

post-8154-0-86875900-1326621785.jpg

the "anal-bead":

post-8154-0-20082600-1326621827.jpg

Hmmmm... I love ridding with my maxi pads, helps me use my biceps when climbing, makes my Zaskar HT more comfy and as for my balls, still swinging.

Can any of you hard arsed mtbikers please explain the unwritten hub law that you are not allowed to have barends on a riser bar but only on a flat bar?

Ive taken some slack for having barends on my riser bar ... I dont get it, what difference does it make whether they are on a flat bar or riser bar? On the flat bar the barends are a couple of mm lower than they would have been on the riser bar ... thats the only difference???

Can any of you hard arsed mtbikers please explain the unwritten hub law that you are not allowed to have barends on a riser bar but only on a flat bar?

Ive taken some slack for having barends on my riser bar ... I dont get it, what difference does it make whether they are on a flat bar or riser bar? On the flat bar the barends are a couple of mm lower than they would have been on the riser bar ... thats the only difference???

I would also like to know?

Not that I ride with risers.

There was an American MTB legend (not so great cause I don't remember his name) who claimed it was a fashion disaster and this crusade was adopted by some of the stranger hub denizens with nothing better to do.

Burry uses bar ends on a riser but its a semi riser so that doesn't count so its actually use them on a completely flat or almost or....

DO WHATEVER YOU WANT!!!

DO WHATEVER YOU WANT!!!

oops.gif I have always been doing that!

I have sinned a long time ago already by breaking the 1st commandment of hub land: Thou shall only have Italian groupsets on Itallian bikes! Guess what, I dont give a crap what anyone thinks, I will put whatever I like on my bikes ... if someone doesnt like it ... that is their problem w00t.gif

Aiii Kamikaze you sure come across like a 38DD!

Bar ends have been used on mtbks before there was even front suspension never mind dual suspension, so I guess they must do something worthwhile seeing that they still being used?

As for the issue with riserbars and bar ends, bar ends serve a purpose and it makes no difference wheither you have flat or riser bars.

Its just the fashion gestappo who like to have something to argue about that dont like them on riser bars.

Why you using riser bars and not a flat bar? unsure.png

It's never the hard core riders who voice their opinion about it.

Goodness, if I had to listen to some 'pro' opinions aired on the hub, I 'd have to do without a lot of things that make my cycling fun and enjoyable.

can someone please take Kamikaze out for a ride

We are riding Saints on tuesday. Wanna play? No sex toys, just bikes and boys (and maybe Eye Candy)