Freeriders versus Lycra Clan

Wyatt Earp

Okay. since the question has been asked, the thread was binned because of what some members rightly pointed out was trolling.

Can I take off my serious mod hat now and get back to the fun?

Yeah troll, go ahead :lol:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is a freerider an XC guy who does not look good in lycra?

Just trying to find a new humour angle given the thread-change.

Guest Omega Man

Is a freerider an XC guy who does not look good in lycra?

Liz Hatch is the only cyclist in the world who looks good in lycra.

I spent almost 8 hours on a 29er hardtail this weekend. I still have my own teeth with original fillings, the bowl of porridge that was once my lower back and pelvis has now knitted enough to support my full body weight and I made it out of bed this morning without popping 2 Synap Forte. I must be in the TOP 10 at least?

Well, since most of us who take DH and freeride seriously train just as hard as a marathon rider, if not more, you can't define toughness by strength.

The answer is easy, of course the freerider/DHer is tougher. Hands down. I'd like to see a lycra clad XC'er take on a road gap jump, or a 10 foot drop off. If you define toughness by being able to slog up a hill I'd wager that most DH'ers, if given the same carbon XC bike, will beat most. Unless of course you're also doing hard trail running, plyometrics, dedicated circuits, spinning as well as trail riding.

I think the question should be:

If a freerider and the lycra clan walk into a bar and a fight breaks out, who will be the last man standing?

Liz Hatch is the only cyclist in the world who looks good in lycra.

You lying sack.

http://assos.com/fileUpload/images/2700.jpg

I'm not touching this one with a ten foot pole, other than to say I hope Liz Hatch keeps things on the spandex tip.

I think the question should be:

If a freerider and the lycra clan walk into a bar and a fight breaks out, who will be the last man standing?

The lycra clan might lose (if they are roadies) as the will start fighting with each other about who is fitter, faster, and dont forget heart rate :clap:

The lycra clan might lose (if they are roadies) as the will start fighting with each other about who is fitter, faster, and dont forget heart rate :clap:

If it is roadies, they will be to scared to get blood on there whites...