MTB Bunch Ride Idiots

Muddy

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've noticed this in tokai lately too. Groups of riders taking up the whole jeep track and not riding single file to let others pass the other way. So we just leave our dh bikes lying in the road at the top of dh1 too piss them off! Ha ha just kidding. But seriously, where the hell did all these riders come from suddenly?

They have migrated from the road with the same mentalities of riding like a tjop and taking up as much space as possible in order to assert themselves and make their presence known. :whistling:

why do these incidents so often involve the cyclelab guys, on road or off ?

correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't cyclelab the swanky bike store with all the swanky store experiences and swanky prices?

they would attract the swanky people with swanky late model german cars and swanky attitudes.

correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't cyclelab the swanky bike store with all the swanky store experiences and swanky prices?

they would attract the swanky people with swanky late model german cars and swanky attitudes.

i once heard a very good saying in afrikaans that goes something about "mix with the pigfood and then your gonna get eaten by the pigs" or something like that..... cyclelab = pigs/pigfood :ph34r:

I fixed it

stretch: he was being deliberately PC. i dont know if it's a cyclelab thing. I doubt they encourage their swanky patrons to be tools.

Doesnt matter the kit colors, it's just a sh1tfaced attitude.

The swanky staff didn't offer me much service or help at the fourways store. Their stock there is also odd, who gets stock of a shirt in only medium size?

The online store also never seems to have stock of anything either.

Andrew and his people could have a good thing, but they will need to change some attitudes first.

stretch: he was being deliberately PC. i dont know if it's a cyclelab thing. I doubt they encourage their swanky patrons to be tools.

Doesnt matter the kit colors, it's just a sh1tfaced attitude.

perhaps...i still prefer not to shop there though

Its got to do with having respect for other trail users nothing else, taking over a whole trail as a bunch is not showing much respect for other riders. Not only is it dangerous but is stupid. If I or the OP had hit someone at high speed, who must pay for any damages or possible hospital bills?

Look beyond what my have been said in jest about being a MTB roadie.

making *** comments in "jest" is not funny

that is how separatist groups form

we need the roadies else MTB races would be a thing of the past, because all MTB'er are all too cool to actually race!

LOL what rubbish is you talking there goya? seems like u defending your own personality there. relax guvnor. Us MTBers do just fine. racing or not. As for what everyone really needs, is less 'tude on the tar and the dirt, and a heapful more of consideration and selflessness, aka some common senses, not kommin-ness..

somewhat O/T: i think goya's perspective is exactly what another thread was discussing the other day: the racer mentality and A.G.N.I.

Edited by Capricorn

Or maybe the mtb roadies race cos the races are to easy? I mean not technical , just long slogs on dirt roads. Try do a 70 km race on a trail like boulders or snake trails in tokai. The dirt roadies will be crying all over their nice shiny 29ers.

LOL what rubbish is you talking there goya? seems like u defending your own personality there. relax guvnor. Us MTBers do just fine. racing or not. As for what everyone really needs, is less 'tude on the tar and the dirt, and a heapful more of consideration and selflessness, aka some common senses, not kommin-ness..

somewhat O/T: i think goya's perspective is exactly what another thread was discussing the other day: the racer mentality and A.G.N.I.

possibly defending my own personality :)

we need the roadies else MTB races would be a thing of the past, because all MTB'er are all too cool to actually race!

I think you ae missing the point again. No one is saying that we can't have roadies on the trails, and no one is trying to form separatist groups either. It's like I said earlier, less attitude and more respect for fellow trail users, makes everything a lot safer and more pleasant for all those involved.

You are, in a sense defending their attitude and way of conduct on a trail, just cause they are apparantly roadies.

You'll find various threads indicating why the races are being.. "boycotted" to an extent. Some are just poorly planned. Separatist comes from the actions that started this thread. The frustration of those commenting, is a result of said actions, we don't need knobs!

Seems you are getting the jist of the thread, and it seems we are all in agreement... courtesy goes along way.

Jimmy, they are escaping the road and bringing their **** to the mountain.