What do you class as to technical?

leet22

Been reading a few posts and also remebering the post of the bridge in fairie garden in Tokai where the bridge was put up ove the stream. ppl said the crossing was to tech and had to be dumbed down, also was erosion etc.

What do you guys regard as too technical on a ride?

So far the only thing i have come across and mostly its a head game is the new DH section on Tokai. The first 3 jumps. i came off the first one :blush: but was because not watching what i was doing. So that is something i still need to get past. I prefer something with a challange as its the only way i will get better.

What makes it to tech to ride?

:wacko:

Edited by leet22

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been reading a few posts and also remebering the post of the bridge in fairie garden in Tokai where the bridge was put up ove the stream. ppl said the crossing was to tech and had to be dumbed down, also was erosion etc.

So far the only thing i have come across and mostly its a head game is the new DH section on Tokai. The first 3 jumps. i came off the first one :blush: but was because not watching what i was doing. So that is something i still need to get past. I prefer something with a challange as its the only way i will get better.

What makes it to tech to ride?

:wacko:

Not too sure dude. You already seem stretched on punctuation and grammar.....

a 5m dropoff?

no seriously, for me, the Rock garden that Burry went head over heals in the world cup is too technical for me. I can do all the rest except that one. Everytime i get to it, i look at at it try psyche myself up.......and then go around it

tooo technical for me....

that palette you have to get up to get over the jeep track and carry on up vasbyt... everytime i try that i lose grip on my back wheel and end up in a pile at the bottom of it...!

The MTB'ers wont agree with me, but technical isn't limited to off-road. Technical is anything that depends on your skill, experience and your lack (or suppression) of clear judgement.

Like the other day I was going at 70km/h heading towards a speed bump. To the left of the bump is a small (10cm) flat section. What should I do...I kept my speed and took the small clearing to the side. This I regard as technical, because missing that 10cm gap, can have a bad effect.

In Mtb'ing, one's "available power" on call has a great effect on something that is for example technical at the beginning of the ride, vs on the second or third lap or further on into a ride (where no laps involved)

My example: the last hill before the downhill to get out of Kingskloof.

When i travel to the kloof with the car and ride my bike from the parkinglot - i ride all the way up the last hill.

When i ride from home on the bike, i make it almost all the way up. - but i dont have enough power on tap to clear the obstacles, and keep my bike pointing in the right direction.

mud also makes obstables "too technical" sometimes.

Edited by RocknRolla

In Mtb'ing, one's "available power" on call has a great effect on something that is for example technical at the beginning of the ride, vs on the second or third lap or further on into a ride (where no laps involved)

not only about available power. If you are physically tired, your mind is also not working 100% so you make judgement mistakes that you would ordinarily not make if you were not tired. On the hill2hill there is a small rocky section after Bartlets hill which I walk on that race purely because I am tired

.......... Technical is anything that depends on your skill, experience and your lack (or suppression) of clear judgement............

This Mtbiker agree with your definition of technical.

I might add that for me, personally, "technical" starts where I have to focus and concentrate on the track. In other words: Where I can no longer just ride along, letting the mind wander.

the removal, disassembly and overhaul of the diesel pump on a Caterpillar D12 dozer is mighty technical, so is understanding how a wimmens brain workx.

Understanding why cyclists call handlebars the "cockpit" must be the most technical of all!!!!!

Edited by eccentric1

http://cdn2.media.cyclingnews.futurecdn.net/2011/11/23/1/gwinn_dsc6253_600.jpg

This is where its at right here!!! now thats a trail! ... i dont think theres anything that can be too technical! I'd say stuff can be too stupid! like those cliff jumps the red bull rampage guys do - thats just dumb ... but too technical ... nah ...

normally when my balls are bigger than my brains.when i then fall i always think to myself and try to convince myself that it was too technical.i think it all comes down to your skill in the end.what would be technical for one oke might be jra for another.