Just disappointed Complete Cyclist Hout Bay

Adder

especially if this is the person involved in running the competing bike shop in the same area. Happy to say we are now the only bike shop in Houtbay.

I actually thought that maybe he caught you with his wife, but now this adds so much more context to his story. How petty to start this here and leave out such a vital piece of information. what did he expect?!

Edited by SteveCT

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really appreciate the support guys. Hope you guys understand I really dont feel the need to ad anything more or spend any more time on this thread. I hope you guys feel the same.....

this must rank as one of the quickest implosions on theHub Ever!

Admin, and moderators, no need to impose curfews and quarantines. THis case of foot-in-mouth killed itself... :P

Hi guys. I am not going to defend my shop or start a mud slinging exercise. If I had the time to give more background I would but sometimes its better not to give certain individuals too much airtime, especially if this is the person involved in running the competing bike shop in the same area. Happy to say we are now the only bike shop in Houtbay.

Nonetheless, he is or was a customer and in this business the customer is always right. Therefore I apologise for your experience of our store's service. We are always trying to improve so I only hope that we will never have another customer having the same experience. Please feel free to recommend ways in which we can improve. We all know there is much more to this story than meets the eye.

Fact of the matter is that most customers leave our store happy, but we are not perfect and get it wrong sometimes.

Anyway, some say any publicity it good publicity, so let me take the opportunity to invite all cyclist to he shop this Saturday for a free cup af coffee and monster cookie.

Actually, if there is more to this than is in Adder's post, you should find the time to tell us about it. You probably could have in the space you bad-mouth an unhappy customer here.

By not addressing the issues here - was his bike stolen from your shop, did it make a mysterious comeback, did you call him to tell him you had found it or did he stumble upon it in your shop - I can only presume he is telling the truth in his initial post.

Adder runs a competing bike shop in Hout Bay?

But bought two bikes from you, not through his own shop, and expensive ones, it seems, through an insurance claim?

And you are the only bike shop in Hout Bay?

I am confused now...

Hey if you take your bike for a tubeless conversion them it is only fair to get a tubeless conversion done. So then how in the name of UST do you expect your bike to be washed too?

Unless you pay for a bike wash, then don't expect a bike wash....

Actually, if there is more to this than is in Adder's post, you should find the time to tell us about it. You probably could have in the space you bad-mouth an unhappy customer here.

By not addressing the issues here - was his bike stolen from your shop, did it make a mysterious comeback, did you call him to tell him you had found it or did he stumble upon it in your shop - I can only presume he is telling the truth in his initial post.

Adder runs a competing bike shop in Hout Bay?

But bought two bikes from you, not through his own shop, and expensive ones, it seems, through an insurance claim?

And you are the only bike shop in Hout Bay?

I am confused now...

There is/was another shop in Hout Bay.

I haven't been past there in a while but I know the guy was trying to sell it.

Hey if you take your bike for a tubeless conversion them it is only fair to get a tubeless conversion done. So then how in the name of UST do you expect your bike to be washed too?

Unless you pay for a bike wash, then don't expect a bike wash....

My bike is my girl, it sleeps in my tent with me....... Dang would you allow somebody else to wash your wife???????

Definitely not a new Hubber, I think this profile was created just for the rant, probably to scared or ashamed to reveal real identity.

Not as far as we can tell from running the IP tool, but that's not definitive. But from Complete's response, there seems to be more to the story.

I'll be passing through Hout Bay, with two fellow Hub members, on my fiets tomorrow to assess the quality of their coffee.

It betta be good or else a new thread may emerge...

*grin*

If gordon f@#$ing ramsey came here complaining about the eggs at the wimpy, i think we'd all tell him to go home and do it himself!

I am inclined to agree with you, but his whole story is just so full of turgid mopani worms that it's hard to not want to chew on it first before deciding if i want to spit it out or not.

:D - Yeah, but Gordon Ramsey (in my humble opinion of course) is a nit picking, overbearing, sensation seeking, foul mouthed, very unlikable and sad TV persona, and if he spoke to me like he appears to speak to some of his colleagues, I would have dented his already flat face with a heavy duty pan. So enough said about him.

I agree, most likely there is a little "sour grapes" involved, but if I read the story completely as someone not involved and very neutral, I cant help but feel, perhaps, just perhaps, he was a little hard done by.

There is/was another shop in Hout Bay.

I haven't been past there in a while but I know the guy was trying to sell it.

Surely if the OP was running/involved with another shop he would have done his insurance claim through it? Not the opposition?

I am on a couple of forums, and to date this is the quickest and most impressive response I've seen from a retailer / shop owner - apologise, make it clear that there's 2 sides to the story, have the manners and maturity to not get into a mud slinging match and then offer free coffee (and cookies!) to everyone. Dammit, why do I live so far from Hout Bay :cursing:

Edited by the_wes