Just disappointed Complete Cyclist Hout Bay

Adder

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh c'mon. what's in a name..? The shop knows who he is, there is no hiding here, none at all. (Besides you are waay off topic.)

What part is off topic. The part where he tells a story under a false identity and then disappear.

It would appear as though this is his one and only post on this forum under the ISP Adder used.

One of these 'flash and dash' kinda 'hubbers' (I say 'hubbers' coz I dunno what makes a hubber a hubber - more than 10 / 20 / 100 posts?)

What part is off topic. The part where he tells a story under a false identity and then disappear.

Yawn, or the part where you, under a false identity, accuse him of telling a false story. If the pseudonym is such a problem, then why is it even offered on this forum?

Run away? :Look at the first response to his first post. I don't think I would come back again either. I thought his rant was very well structured and remained quite factual without resorting to emotion to blur his point but you make it out to be a slap and run.. are we reading the same thread?

Last I looked it was ok for people with hidden id's to rant over questionable service..

I don't understand this place, a guy complains and gets attacked.

Suddenly he is a double poster ?

Me personally, I wouldn't have posted my issue on The Hub, I would rather speak to the shop and owner first.

Complete gave a great response, a bit generic I reckon but nonetheless they had the ballas to post here.

Just remember that free coffee and monster cookies doesn't always fix everything.

So in short, to the OP, I personally would not post here unless all avenues have been exhasuted and although I can't speak for either party, the topic and original post could perhaps be seen as malicious, even though it might not necessarily be the case.

As for all the hubbers, let' just keep chasing the newbies away :wacko:

For the Complete cyclist dudes, wishing you guys all the best for the future .

Yawn, or the part where you, under a false identity, accuse him of telling a false story. If the pseudonym is such a problem, then why is it even offered on this forum?

Run away? :Look at the first response to his first post. I don't think I would come back again either. I thought his rant was very well structured and remained quite factual without resorting to emotion to blur his point but you make it out to be a slap and run.. are we reading the same thread?

Last I looked it was ok for people with hidden id's to rant over questionable service..

I'm with you on this, just seems everyone jumps to the defense of the bike shop. Amazing that a free coffee & cookie can make all things rosy again. I'll try that in future when there is a problem that needs to be swept under the rug. As Dangle pointed out the respose from CC was all a bit too generic.

Ok, let’s forget about the false identity issue, I see that confuses you. Then why tell the story or rant and then just disappear. Looks to me he didnt get his free coffee and cookie and now are one angry customer.

Amazing that a free coffee & cookie can make all things rosy again. I'll try that in future when there is a problem

I'm even easier than that ... if the coffee is really good, you could skip the cookie ...

I posted a rant about CC two days ago. It was accompanied by a photo of a pair of cranks installed out of alignment. I posted about 25% of the story which actually started months ago with fairly embarrassing levels of chaos on the shop's part but which they simply brushed off.

When it came to the mechanical work, however, the work was good.

My most recent experience by contrast was shocking, to be polite. Not only were the cranks skew but the original pristine Campag cable sheaths had been discarded and the BB nut teeth stripped. CC were prepared to fix their mess but insisted the BB problem was the result of me taking the bike elsewhere for repairs. Mike Hewan at CC went so far as to say, in so many words, that I was a liar when I told him the bike had last been worked on by them.

The reason for his obstinance is the colour of the grease in the BB.

In my business, if I saw one of my staff members messing up the way the mechanic at CC did with the cranks. the last thing I would do to the offended client would be to call him a liar.

But that's me, not the good folk at CC.

My bike now still doesn't have "Campagnolo Ultra Low Friction" cable sheaths which I supplied the shop to fit; the BB nut is still damaged but at least the cranks are 180 degrees apart.

From my experience with Mike that's as far as I'm going to get. And that will also be the last he will see of me at his shop. There are many good shops in Jhb and my custom will go elsewhere.

It's been a humiliating and surprising exercise dealing with these guys. The BH bikes (bought two) I bought are brilliant but I'll stick in future with a shop that treats me with mutual respect.

Brian Pivo.

This Complete Cyclist is in Hout Bay, Cape Town not Joburg

If the OP’s version of things is correct then he has valid issues, except maybe about the bike wash part.

The shop never denied it and reading between the lines the shops response is one of yes we got it wrong but also implies that the OP is somewhat dubious (…do not give certain individuals too much airtime…).

Would have been better if CC just owned up and said they stuffed up in this case, implying that there are other issues with the OP without providing proof is an underhand way to deflect attention from their mistakes.

A few to many if’s in the CC defence so far, but still the OP got mobbed by the Cape Clan.

The OP has a 'voice' here.

As do the shop.

Very little from those perspectives thus far.

Everyone else is jibing, speculating or just chirping.

That's cool too. That's HubSA.

All the best for those in the business transaction.

:mellow:

New to the forum but I play in the on-line space. The fact that members are rushing to this stores defence speaks volumes. The retail environment is a tough place to operate, especially for independents.

Will swing into your store when I'm in the area Desmond.

Common Adder. Name yourself son!

Dylan

New to the forum but I play in the on-line space. The fact that members are rushing to this stores defence speaks volumes. The retail environment is a tough place to operate, especially for independents.

Will swing into your store when I'm in the area Desmond.

Common Adder. Name yourself son!

Dylan

Tend to agree - takes 2 or 3 posts of poor service for me to be worried, or at least 1 really clear and bad case. Not getting that from this post - so I'd be willing to give benefit of doubt and try them (especially with some coffee). Business is tough, and everyone makes mistakes sometimes - they don't go into details, but do admit that openly which is a start IMO

I'm with you on this, just seems everyone jumps to the defense of the bike shop. Amazing that a free coffee & cookie can make all things rosy again. I'll try that in future when there is a problem that needs to be swept under the rug. As Dangle pointed out the respose from CC was all a bit too generic.

Melodramatic much?

CC responded, they gave their reasoning. Now everyone wants the skinder.

You lot are like a knitting circle :D ... Much ado about nothing and now the high horses are being trotted out.

Complete gave a great response, a bit generic I reckon but nonetheless they had the ballas to post here.

Just remember that free coffee and monster cookies doesn't always fix everything.

Melodramatic much?

CC responded, they gave their reasoning. Now everyone wants the skinder.

You lot are like a knitting circle :D ... Much ado about nothing and now the high horses are being trotted out.

But it's contact knitting.