Drafting women

BrianMTB

If these two women were leading "the" race they would be disqualified if they get any help from men...

Come ride/race with my wife, you'll be happy if you CAN draft her - I speak from experience :whistling:

Man, that must be tough on your ego!

You also doing the dishes?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing wrong in drafting the ladies. I ride league in the Vets where the racing ladies are part of the same bunch. We all take our turn to work, and if that turn is bestowed upon the fairer sex, the guys draft, no problem!

I leave that up to my loser friend, a dude called Rob!

Dear valued client

Thank you for your enquiry, sadly there is no more accomodation available during the Argus.

Go and sleep under a bridge.

Yours truly

During yesterday's Emperor's Palace classic, I rode past a bunch being led by two women. The men in the bunch were perfectly happy to sit in their slip and made no effort to take over from them.

Seriously guys, that is not cool! besides, isn't the drafting of women by men illegal during a race in any event?

What's wrong with it?

Yes, my humour can sometimes be a touch basic - but drafting women is what is poor form.

Women fight for equal rights and then you makes this comment.....makes me think you are chauvinistic

Dear valued client

Thank you for your enquiry, sadly there is no more accomodation available during the Argus.

Go and sleep under a bridge.

Yours truly

FYTP!

I don't think there's any issue with taking turns, it's leaving them out the front without helping that is poor form. And that's not specific to any gender. Leaving anyone on the front is bad, roll through, take your turn. On average it's faster than letting the strong person suffer on the front anyway.

I saw this topic, and was ready to jump on and go on about the "racing woman" jumping on with passing bunches and getting a free ride. But then I started reading. Hmmm, poor form is thinking that it's poor form to draft a female cyclist. We train as hard, race as hard, if not harder. And we have to work in the bunch, just like everyone else. Noone likes wheel suckers, male or female. So when the girl ends up pulling for a bit, that's great...what's the issue?!?!?

I saw this topic, and was ready to jump on and go on about the "racing woman" jumping on with passing bunches and getting a free ride. But then I started reading. Hmmm, poor form is thinking that it's poor form to draft a female cyclist. We train as hard, race as hard, if not harder. And we have to work in the bunch, just like everyone else. Noone likes wheel suckers, male or female. So when the girl ends up pulling for a bit, that's great...what's the issue?!?!?

Nice pulling yesterday Nix! I was going to draft you to the finish line, but then you decided to stop on the summit of the final climb for a drink!

Luckily, Velominati has this covered:

Rule #38 – Don’t leapfrog

. Don’t ride back into a group that just passed you and ruin their pace, the pace you couldn’t keep or you wouldn’t have been passed in the first place and especially if you’ve been passed by women. Deal with it. You’ve been

Chicked

, get used to it. There are a lot of badass women cyclists and they are going to pass your ass.

Edited by Velouria

Luckily, Velominati has this covered:

Rule #38 – Don’t leapfrog

. Don’t ride back into a group that just passed you and ruin their pace, the pace you couldn’t keep or you wouldn’t have been passed in the first place and especially if you’ve been passed by women. Deal with it. You’ve been

Chicked

, get used to it. There are a lot of badass women cyclists and they are going to pass your ass.

so I cant draft marius?

Nice pulling yesterday Nix! I was going to draft you to the finish line, but then you decided to stop on the summit of the final climb for a drink!

Thanks, and you. I think we need to learn to climb with the bunch, that chasing that we do each week is just silly ;-) Ya, I was really broken and needed a coke, but they had none! Tried to catch you, but with the cars and your descending ability, there was no chance. You put in 2 minutes on me - wish I hadn't stopped :-(

Nowadays ladies are, believe it or not, regarded as equals. Amazing I know, this only being the 21st century and all and women's rights being very new thing and the fairer sex just starting to shyly venture out of the kitchen and the nursery. I am sure that if the ladies had a problem pulling the group they could have just sat up and waved the men through, I don't think that there are too many guys who could stand the ego blow of being asked to do a little turn at the front