Drafting women

BrianMTB

During yesterday's Emperor's Palace classic, I rode past a bunch being led by two women. The men in the bunch were perfectly happy to sit in their slip and made no effort to take over from them.

Seriously guys, that is not cool! besides, isn't the drafting of women by men illegal during a race in any event?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You cannot draft women, unless you're in Israel where cross-gender conscription is enforced.

Edited by Lucky Luke.

hell if they were hot id draft behind them too

I don't give a rats arse about their hotness, if they are stronger than me, and can pull me to the finish, I sit.

hell if they were hot id draft behind them too

I could have understood a little is that was the case... but no, if they had bodies to match their faces they would have faired better in a Derby! :huh:

If these two women were leading "the" race they would be disqualified if they get any help from men...

Come ride/race with my wife, you'll be happy if you CAN draft her - I speak from experience :whistling:

no issues in pulling a bunch but what pisses me off is when you try and fall back to rest some idiots wont let you back into the bunch, and its usually the wankers who never work in the front with this attitude

Well, they want to be treated as equals everywhere else, so they can do an equal share of pacing in the bunches.

but that is 'racing' or rather fun riding in SA, fight to sit on the wheel in front of you no matter who /what is riding it. No one is ever eager to go and sit at the front.

what pisses me off is when you try and fall back to rest some idiots wont let you back into the bunch, and its usually the wankers who never work in the front with this attitude

Yeah, but that happens regardless of gender.

I could have understood a little is that was the case... but no, if they had bodies to match their faces they would have faired better in a Derby! :huh:

Good grief. That's a shocker of a comment. Poor form bru.

As far as I am concerned,if you ride in a bunch,whether male or female,you should take your turn up front.Unfortunately there are thousands of cyclists that will never take their turn but very happy to sit in the bunch.

Good grief. That's a shocker of a comment. Poor form bru.

Yes, my humour can sometimes be a touch basic - but drafting women is what is poor form.