PPA cut cord with CSA

Guest ctMTBer

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you renewed your PPA membership as yet?

I am still waiting to hear about progress on PPA and CSA split and how things will work in the coming season.

PPA very quiet on this front, email to them on the point and no response.

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone get hold of the ppa site. Nothing is working there just some overseas site called pedal

This split is bad for the cyclist. It means that basically the cyclist now has to pay to belong to a CSA affiliated club, then pay his CSA annual license, and pay his PPA annual license.

I wonder if PPA will decrease their annual license fee now that a CSA license is not included?

Edited by Berg Bok

Nothing in newsletter of CSA licence included. Cost is R285 as per newsletter.

They have disafailianated, which means no more CSA with PPA. CSA is now in bed with Amarider, problem is PPA has got the events, so best thing for the cyclist is probably to support PPA till such time as Amarider has enough events to justify membership. What a mess, I think CSA is the turd in the drink-water here.

Edited by Berg Bok

I am a new member to PPA and have one question to them.. waiting for a reply from them

I have been a member for a few months and need some feedback. If we take the upcoming Wolseley MTB Challenge event in Wolsley with 4 distances (64, 44, 17 & 5).

Only the 64km and 44km is timed but not the other two distances even though the Racetec equipment is at the event?

How much of the entry fee is paid to Racetec to get the times for each rider per event ? You advertising and I quote "PPA pays for its members to be electronically timed by Racetec."

Why cant all PPA members participating in all 4 distances get times as you paying for it already as quoted by you " PPA pays for its members to be electronically timed by Racetec."

For beginners it something to monitor your progress. You fitter/faster guys don't want the beginners on the longer routes as you frequantly complain about being held up by the weekend warriors :whistling: .

I get a error everytime I want to renew my PPA membership via Credit Card :(

I also struggled. I later phoned their Office while I was busy, and the kind lady on the other side guided me through the process. Went through no problem then.

Just phoned them and its going to work as follows:

1. All PPA races will be more expensive but no-one (PPA or not) will have to pay a day license as PPA will pay it over.

2. PPA member or not will have to pay R 35-00 day license to be part of the Burger, construction du cap, knysna or the Argus

3. What you get is seeding in road races and mtb races. For the big races you still should get seeding.

Therefor if you are only going to do the big races, no need to join PPA. If you are going to do PPA events and would like seeding. Then join.

They have disafailianated, which means no more CSA with PPA. CSA is now in bed with Amarider, problem is PPA has got the events, so best thing for the cyclist is probably to support PPA till such time as Amarider has enough events to justify membership. What a mess, I think CSA is the turd in the drink-water here.

You got that bit right !

Question - how will league work? Would another fee have to be paid to CSA for their membership?

Thanks FanieFiets

Did they mention anything about the league riders, like Subvets etc..