[Event] MTN National XCM #6 Gravel Travel Driven By NISSAN

Tim_Fair

Its the best weather day in Wellington. Hope this lasts for the weekend.

you better hope harder - it's going to PISS tomorrow - like buckets full of cats and dogs...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to do the 75km but im going to bail due to the weather. I bailed like a woes did anyone do the 75km.

Edited by Stevief

Completed the 75km, great route but extremely tough conditions. Intermittent rain all morning, 1900m ascent and mud mud & more mud. Was very happy to see the finish. Would love to ride the same route in normal conditions.

I felt bad about missing the 75km so i did the 45km , it was an awesome ride lots of mud though but fantastic route. Im happy i didnt do the 75km i wouldve suffered the 45km had about 1000m ascent so in the end it was enough,

The 45km was an awesome route! Helluva muddy but great fun!

The single track that was on the route - how do you access it at other times? Is that Welvanpas? I don't know the area that well, thanks :)

I assume Kevin had some technical issues? What was the time gap between 1st 5 places?

not sure of the time gaps.. bt yes would be interested to read a race report!

not sure of the time gaps.. bt yes would be interested to read a race report!

Did some photography there. Gap between Knox and David was about 11min. Massive gap, lots of rain and mud. Poor guys and girls were absolutely buggered. Cherise Stander won woman's race and she looked pretty tired.

Edited by exclusive

Did some photography there. Gap between Knox and David was about 11min. Massive gap, lots of rain and mud. Poor guys and girls were absolutely buggered. Cherise Stander won woman's race and she looked pretty tired.

11min? That is like a ligthyear in terms of racing

Finished the 75km yesterday. It almost finished me. Had about 50km in me on a sunny day, but yesterday was horrendous. Total mudfest, windy and so much climbing. Awesome course though and sensational singletrack, just not yesterday. :) Impressed with anyone who rode up the Boomslang.

Thanks to all the feeding stations, they saved me!

SmlRant - Why is it so hard to find anything when it comes to results (and entering races). Looking for results, I go to the Gravel Travel website, which then points me to the Advendurance site which then points me to the SASeeding which then doesn't have the results? Or at least I can't find them.