Argus parking nightmare

CatGirl

Parking was never a problem...IF you arrive at 4AM....

yup - was gonna say. I get there 430am every time and never had to look for parking. But if you arrive @ 9am, it might be a problem

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

surely its no use to warm up Dale, when you stand in the shute for 30minutes antway?

Of course it makes a difference.

120 rpms for 30 minutes looking like a windmill will get the blood moving.

:whistling:

Lazy ass, dit is 2.5km van die Finish tot die Start. As jy iewers in die middle park kan dit JOU nie langer as 38min vat nie!

ek wil lazy wees na die finish! :D ek sal ma greenpoint side park en cycle na die start :)

Of course it makes a difference.

120 rpms for 30 minutes looking like a windmill will get the blood moving.

:whistling:

I agree it tells your body to wake and get ready to race, unless you fall asleep in your chute you should be ready.

Welcome back, 'Dale.

Ta, man.

^_^

*now for my two week peaking strategy to prepare for this baby*

Edited by ' Dale

I agree it tells your body to wake and get ready to race, unless you fall asleep in your chute you should be ready.

Yebo!

you guys do know you that, while cycling is invigorating for the body and mind, you can also use your bicycle as a form of transport too - park wherever you like in the city and, i dunno, ride to the start.

just a suggestion, use it, don't use it...

you guys do know you that, while cycling is invigorating for the body and mind, you can also use your bicycle as a form of transport too - park wherever you like in the city and, i dunno, ride to the start.

just a suggestion, use it, don't use it...

I agree I got dropped off and rode back to Newlands. Bit extreme but can be done. (warm down ride)

A couple of years ago, before I was riding again, I was at the office (Chiappini Street) on the day of the race Chiappini Street. 4 or 5 cars were broken into in rapid succession - the watchers saw the bikes come off the racks and knew they had an hour or three to have some good action. Don't park in deserted areas.

In most cases, Greenpoint or upper town has lotsa free space. It's probably easier to ride to the start than to mission too far to your car afterwards.

Maybe they can use the stadium pitch once the new overhead roof is completed.......

Ha, ha, good one!

A couple of years ago, before I was riding again, I was at the office (Chiappini Street) on the day of the race Chiappini Street. 4 or 5 cars were broken into in rapid succession - the watchers saw the bikes come off the racks and knew they had an hour or three to have some good action. Don't park in deserted areas. In most cases, Greenpoint or upper town has lotsa free space. It's probably easier to ride to the start than to mission too far to your car afterwards.

I will be parking at my office in Paarden Eiland, it is about 4km from the start along the new bus route, nice easy ride, and 6km from the finnish, there is parking for about 30 cars, this is in a gated parking with security, i may be able to arrange for access to this area for anyone who does not feel safe leaving their cars in town or unattended. PM me if you are interested and i will see what i can do.

Where is the best drop off spot? I was thinking somewhere around the Waterfront.

I am starting 9h16, so I hope to be around the starting area at 8h30. Wife and kids will drop me off and pick me up later the afternoon.

Plenty of parking in town, I normally park along Buitengracht Street, which is close to the start and an easy 2 km ride from the finish, then can head home via the N1.

What time do you guys get to your chutes? Last year I was 30 min early and was at back of G. What time do you reckon should be there before start?

Problem is that get lift with people that start at 7:20 and they dont see the point of rushing.