Rugby...

'Dale

I support the Sharks, and shout for them in WP. To support the Blue Bulls would just be madness, can't get my head around anyone wanting to support the Bulls :whistling:

I support the Sharks and live in Blue Bulls land and I am also married to a Bulls Supporter so you can imagine the conflict in my house, especially as my daughter reckons to her mothers horror that the Sharks are Uber Cool !! :) :)

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I support the Sharks and live in Blue Bulls land and I am also married to a Bulls Supporter so you can imagine the conflict in my house, especially as my daughter reckons to her mothers horror that the Sharks are Uber Cool !! :) :)

2 against 1 there

Hehee

I can't indulge your question with an explanation as this country's socio-political context is well-known. And so too it's sporting history.

Don't dodge the question

Where did your allegiance lie

I support the Sharks, and shout for them in WP. To support the Blue Bulls would just be madness, can't get my head around anyone wanting to support the Bulls :whistling:

You will never understand, it is in your blood. I saw Northern Transvaal play the first time in 1959. I grew up with them, I saw and met many of the stars, some dead. I have known the Blue Bulls now for 55 years. I have supported them for 55 years. I have seen the Blue Bulls lose, I have seen them win many more times. To me rugby is not one season long, it is 55 years long.

Somebody who sits on a fence and supports two teams will not have the capacity to get that into his head. Sorry but that is the only way I can say that.

I can't indulge your question with an explanation as this country's socio-political context is well-known. And so too it's sporting history.

Did you copy and paste that as well?????

You will never understand, it is in your blood. I saw Northern Transvaal play the first time in 1959. I grew up with them, I saw and met many of the stars, some dead. I have known the Blue Bulls now for 55 years. I have supported them for 55 years. I have seen the Blue Bulls lose, I have seen them win many more times. To me rugby is not one season long, it is 55 years long.

Somebody who sits on a fence and supports two teams will not have the capacity to get that into his head. Sorry but that is the only way I can say that.

I understand that, I support the Sharks and have supported Natal since a laaitie. Even when working in WP and being abused for supporting the poor side they were then. I find myself supporting the Bulls now and again too, esp when they play WP ;).

I understand that, I support the Sharks and have supported Natal since a laaitie. Even when working in WP and being abused for supporting the poor side they were then. I find myself supporting the Bulls now and again too, esp when they play WP ;).

........ and I will support South African teams, no matter what "this country's socio-political context" is, was or will be. It is also in my blood.

So, would the same then not apply for me who's supports the allblacks. I too have been brought supporting from a laaitie.

I've met many of the stars, I'll never forgot meeting the entire Chiefs at a training session. Ever since that day been a huge supporter. This was even before there thumping they took at Loftus Fortress

It's one in the same, we can support whoever it we want to. As to what 'Dale has said there's a time and place for everything. Let's talk rugby.... Not race or politics. Its discussed enough on other threads and forums.

........ and I will support South African teams, no matter what "this country's socio-political context" is, was or will be. It is also in my blood.

So having dual citizenship doesn't count? Bearing in mind my family history is European? It is what it is.

So having dual citizenship doesn't count? Bearing in mind my family history is European? It is what it is.

Almost everyone has family history Europe, sh$t, I have French, Irish and Scottish blood, and I hold dual citizenship, does not mean I must support the team from my heritage against South Africa. That is like saying a big percentage of americans must support England against USA...or maybe the Aussies should support England as well because thats where their heritage lies.

To me it is simple, South Africa is where my heart is and where I was born and live. Sport is the most unifying force in this country (think african cup of nations, Rugby world Cups, Soccer World Cup etc etc) and anyone not contributing to that is doing a disservice to this country

OK so how would you feel if our Government decree that in future all Springboks should be coloured or black. Would you still wear your green and gold?

All this talk of allegiance, wonder if this makes Jake White a traitor, after all he was born and bred in Johannesburg :whistling:

"Durban - The Sharks have confirmed the appointment of Jake White, as their new Director of Rugby, White’s tenure will be effective from the end of October 2013. "

All this talk of allegiance, wonder if this makes Jake White a traitor, after all he was born and bred in Johannesburg :whistling:

"Durban - The Sharks have confirmed the appointment of Jake White, as their new Director of Rugby, White’s tenure will be effective from the end of October 2013. "

Wow.

It's finalised.

Gonna be an interesting Super Rugby campaign.

then he must have been a super traitor going to the brumbies :)

and to answer that..of course not..coaches and players are professionals, they must play/coach where they can regardless of allegiance or anything