Rugby...

'Dale

OK so how would you feel if our Government decree that in future all Springboks should be coloured or black. Would you still wear your green and gold?

Yes, would you???

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, would the same then not apply for me who's supports the allblacks. I too have been brought supporting from a laaitie.

I've met many of the stars, I'll never forgot meeting the entire Chiefs at a training session. Ever since that day been a huge supporter. This was even before there thumping they took at Loftus Fortress

It's one in the same, we can support whoever it we want to. As to what 'Dale has said there's a time and place for everything. Let's talk rugby.... Not race or politics. Its discussed enough on other threads and forums.

In wars, people like you are shot without a blindfold....... they are called traitors. It is alway good to identify traitors beforehand, you have exposed yourself. Dale is most likely one as well but I expect he will copy and paste something to prove he is not or evade the question with semantics like he is doing with Wurrem.

I have not discussed race, do not include me with wide sweeping statements. You started triggered the trolling with non-sensical one syllable trolling posts, now you are running away....... Schwack!!!!!

Edited by Big H*

In wars, people like you are shot without a blindfold....... they are called traitors. It is alway good to identify traitors beforehand, you have exposed yourself. Dale is most likely one as well but I expect he will copy and paste something to prove he is not or evade the question with semantics like he is doing with Wurrem.

I have not discussed race, do not include me with wide sweeping statements. You started triggered the trolling with non-sensical one syllable trolling posts, now you are running away....... Schwack!!!!!

Big H,

You're another HubSA user I cannot indulge with good old dialogue.

Your style of engagement is largely felt as disrespectful and condescending. No matter what the topic.

I believe you've received this feedback many times before.

The way I see Saturday's game; THE BEST TEAM WON.

There was some 50/50 decisions both ways, but even with 14 men on the field, the AB's was better around the ruck / mauls, their lineouts was better, their defence was better.

Boks played good, but it must be a good day for the Boks, and a bad day for the AB's for the Boks to beat them. Especialy with the Boks defence that allows gaps as big as barn doors to open up.

Big H,

Your style of engagement is largely felt as disrespectful and condescending. No matter what the topic.

Where did you copy and paste that from?????

BTW, respect is earned. I respect those that earn it.

Edited by Big H*

So, would the same then not apply for me who's supports the allblacks. I too have been brought supporting from a laaitie.

I've met many of the stars, I'll never forgot meeting the entire Chiefs at a training session. Ever since that day been a huge supporter. This was even before there thumping they took at Loftus Fortress

It's one in the same, we can support whoever it we want to. As to what 'Dale has said there's a time and place for everything. Let's talk rugby.... Not race or politics. Its discussed enough on other threads and forums.

In my opinion sport and politics are intertwined and is one of the great nation-building tools globally. The Olympics, World Cup Soccer, Wimbledon, F1, Ryder Cup, you name it - nothing more gratifying for a nation to boast about it's sports persons and teams reaching the highest accolades in the biggest sporting arenas.

Unfortunately in South Africa because of our history, we had supporters based on racial lines, and racial and ideological affiliations. Whilst I don't see a lot of dying support for the lilly white Russian soccer team, we all have freedom of choice to support whom we want. But that was then. I struggle to accept why the racial and political bias from yesteryear needs to perpetuate itself in post-apartheid South Africa. The supporter waving the old South African flag at Brisbane upsets me just as much as the All Blacks supporters club from Uitenhage. Provincial teams? Sure. National teams? Not so sure. But that's me.

Edited by flymango

Where did you copy and paste that from?????

BTW, respect is earned. I respect those that earn it.

Which is probably why so few respect you

Which is probably why so few respect you

Thank you very much. As respectful as your avatar??????

BTW you have earned the disrespect tick in my black book.

Edited by Big H*

Big H, that is a little offside don't you think? I don't think anyone deserves to 'get shot' because of supporting a specific team. It illustrates the degree of hate one party has for next because of a difference in support / allegiance?? No man, really gents.. why cant we sit next to one another and watch a good game of footy and leave amicably? do we want to be seen as a nation of barbarians? Other nations display rivalry yes, but the environment is clean and healthy for the game and not aimed at breaking down people at a personal level. You first have to respect yourself before you can respect others.. if you don't have respect for yourself, it will show as you have displayed. - diplomatic response

Big H, that is a little offside don't you think? I don't think anyone deserves to 'get shot' because of supporting a specific team. It illustrates the degree of hate one party has for next because of a difference in support / allegiance?? No man, really gents.. why cant we sit next to one another and watch a good game of footy and leave amicably? do we want to be seen as a nation of barbarians? Other nations display rivalry yes, but the environment is clean and healthy for the game and not aimed at breaking down people at a personal level. You first have to respect yourself before you can respect others.. if you don't have respect for yourself, it will show as you have displayed. - diplomatic response

It is difficult being a fanatic supporter and a troll!!!!!!!

Almost everyone has family history Europe, sh$t, I have French, Irish and Scottish blood, and I hold dual citizenship, does not mean I must support the team from my heritage against South Africa. That is like saying a big percentage of americans must support England against USA...or maybe the Aussies should support England as well because thats where their heritage lies.

To me it is simple, South Africa is where my heart is and where I was born and live. Sport is the most unifying force in this country (think african cup of nations, Rugby world Cups, Soccer World Cup etc etc) and anyone not contributing to that is doing a disservice to this country

I have said that I do support Bafana Bafana when they are playing anyone but England, which if memory serves me correct we have not actually played England in many, many moons. It doesn't mean I don't love my country, just means I have two affiliations.

Big H,

Don't feed.... It's Big H

Thank you very much. As respectful as your avatar??????

BTW you have earned the disrespect tick in my black book.

Awesome thanks. As long as we are on opposite sides, I am where I want to be.

Even though we didn’t win the battle or the war, I think the one thing to come out of this rugby championships is that the tide has turned.

The results of the last ten years or so speak for themselves, take the rugby world cup out of the equation and the All Blacks have consistently been streets ahead of the rest. The Bledisloe cup, Trinations and Super rugby trophy has spent the majority of its time in the land of the long white cloud. They’ve also been #1 in the rankings, often with a big gap back to #2.

The tide has turned. The result of this year’s tournament was effectively over once it required the boks to get a bonus point try and restrict the All Blacks to zero points. The boks got that bonus point, but the strategy played into their hands. They were the better team on the day, but the dice was loaded in their favour. The celebrations in Eden Park, Argentina after securing a last gasp bonus point try and now Ellis Park show us that they are genuinely happy with this year’s tournament victory.

In the recent past, they would have conceded that this victory was tainted, it has an asterisk next to it. Let them celebrate it, they’ve peaked and are already on the downward curve.

It is difficult being a fanatic supporter and a troll!!!!!!!

You make do an excellent job with parts of the above. You need an understanding of the game to be a fanatic - from your comments it is clear you have none.