Rugby...

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

?

When I was at school the biggest guys in the first team rugby were the size of the scrummies these days. I went to watch a school game the other day and all 3 of the front row weighed between 100-115kms ... for 17/18 year olds.

One only needs to look at the amount of steroid bust there are at school level rugby. My brother played rugby for a prominent school as well as Craven week and I can assure you it is very rife ... nothing to do with blue bulls country

I know that, my daughter is in gd10, and the stories she tells about the rugby players, esp in the traditional rugby schools.

steroid abuse is rife in schoolboy rugby.

Guest EdEdEd

?

When I was at school the biggest guys in the first team rugby were the size of the scrummies these days. I went to watch a school game the other day and all 3 of the front row weighed between 100-115kms ... for 17/18 year olds.

One only needs to look at the amount of steroid bust there are at school level rugby. My brother played rugby for a prominent school as well as Craven week and I can assure you it is very rife ... nothing to do with blue bulls country

You wont believe how many young rugby players in Upington have come in to the Casualties (of all places) with some bogus complaint and then tried to bribe me for Roids!!! One can make big money with that BS...

You wont believe how many young rugby players in Upington have come in to the Casualties (of all places) with some bogus complaint and then tried to bribe me for Roids!!! One can make big money with that BS...

That sounds a bit far fetched. Normally how it works is one laatjie supplies the whole team

.....or they just use stuff of the shop/pharmacy shelves. Had to give a presentation once to young rugby players on the dangers of ergogenic aids and performance enhancing substances............after one of their mates decided to use Red Bull, Redupon and Creatine as a booster before the game. Apparently he started the game as a man on fire, lasted about 20min, collapsed and was transported to emergency unit of hospital with "stroke like" symptoms. Luckily for this youngster the ER doctor was as sharp as a Minora blade and recommended the correct medical interventions.

Jet fuel in a normal engine.......damage to follow.

Guest EdEdEd
That sounds a bit far fetched. Normally how it works is one laatjie supplies the whole team

Dont know if supply is so abundant in Uppies.

The easiest place for them to get stuff (including thigs like pethedine etc) was from the hospital - getting an insider to steal / bribing the docters (often cuban) to prescribe/give (often guys who use themselves.

Knew a couple of guys dependant on pethidine / morphine and others. And somehow they just get the stuff

In our public medical system this stuff happens every day (and every second day one gets caught)

Bokkies have some work to do to get to glory here

27-17 to Wales with 22 mins to go

Guest EdEdEd
Bokkies have some work to do to get to glory here

27-17 to Wales with 22 mins to go

It will be a difficult task if they dont get organised now

Guest EdEdEd

The ref almost looked like he was apologising to the Wales capt for that last penalty try :eek:

Didn't deserve that win... but a win is a win

The Welsh defence was outstanding. We gained almost double the territory that they did, but they held it and we basically won it through their mistakes. 2 men down in the first half allowed us to come back then, and then that STUPID tackle as the last movement. If that had been a proper tackle... We'd have been over and done with.