Rugby...

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, job done Lions :clap:

Really hope Faf The Jack Russel and Elton Mohawk gets to be the first choice 9 and 10 for the Bokkies

The Stormers were fortunate to earn a bonus point as the Leeutjies were far more dynamic and incisive.

Really hope Faf The Jack Russel and Elton Mohawk gets to be the first choice 9 and 10 for the Bokkies

The Stormers were fortunate to earn a bonus point as the Leeutjies were far more dynamic and incisive.

Dale if AC doesn't pick Elton for the Ireland matches, especially after the silky skills he showed in creating the first try then we'll be in for four very long years. He has essentially made himself the only ten to pick.

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

Dale if AC doesn't pick Elton for the Ireland matches, especially after the silky skills he showed in creating the first try then we'll be in for four very long years. He has essentially made himself the only ten to pick.

Yip

It's the perfect time for the Carlos Spencer protegè to shine

I reckon it's a foregone conclusion.

Just hope that live wire scrummie is at his side

Yip

Enters Ruan Pienaar! :clap:  :clap:

Yip

Pretty much a foregone conclusion unless Lambie makes a highly impressive return in May. Don't think that that will occur. Not a doubt on Lambie's abilities but rather on Gold's poor management skills.

I wonder if Carlos still has contact with EJ as that little dink over the top was just beautiful to behold, and I am a Stormers supporter. He read the situation well and imho called a practiced play, hence my wondering over his contact with Carlos. The other highly notable thing EJ has gotten right is his game management. During the first half with the Stormers on attack deep in Lions territory he went up and encouraged his forwards to just have a steady scrum. It worked wonders as the Lions gained a penalty and was able to push the Stormers onto the half way line. Perhaps not critical to the outcome of the match but it does help if the forwards know that they can trust their ten to have their backs in a tight situation. As for him and Faf having a good partnership for the Lions is great. Faf himself is a fine player and I can't see a stand out scrummie elsewhere so it would definitely be good if he could be given a run against Ireland.

He who plays in slow mo although it's live TV

He who must run 5 meters before feeding the line

No, man

That's a bit harsh. His career unfortunately ran alongside FdP's and I think we never got to see the best of RP at 9. He was however the architect of our 42 - 6 victory over England at Twickenham.

Was hoping the Sharkies will topple the Blues.

Lots of errors in the final 1/4 that led to the Blues's dominance.

That union is struggling

Courtesy of John Smit & Co

Eish  :whistling:

Wakefield: Stormers robbed by ref!

Cape Town - Western Province Rugby Union president Thelo Wakefield is upset with the way Stuart Berry refereed the Lions v Stormers Super Rugby match in Johannesburg this past weekend.

The Lions won an epic encounter 29-22 but it appears the Stormers were not happy with Berry’s performance, especially his policing of the breakdown area.

Wakefield took to Facebook after the game, expressing his disappointment: “I really cannot describe the atmosphere in the change room. Sadness. Disappointment, Robbed!!! We remain gracious in defeat. I have never so sad. Have good night’s rest ‘Man in the middle’.”

Then, in an interview with the Cape Times on Sunday, Wakefield said referees should be made more accountable for their actions.

He said referees are "better protected that rhino".

Wakefield, who was previously the Stormers and WP team manager and then deputy president of the WP Rugby union, was first elected as president in 2012.

In December last year he was re-elected unopposed at the union’s 24th annual general council meeting.

He will serve in his final term for the next three years.

http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/SuperRugby/wakefield-stormers-robbed-by-ref-20160418

Eish :whistling:

Cape Town - Western Province Rugby Union president Thelo Wakefield is upset with the way Stuart Berry refereed the Lions v Stormers Super Rugby match in Johannesburg this past weekend.

The Lions won an epic encounter 29-22 but it appears the Stormers were not happy with Berry’s performance, especially his policing of the breakdown area.

Wakefield took to Facebook after the game, expressing his disappointment: “I really cannot describe the atmosphere in the change room. Sadness. Disappointment, Robbed!!! We remain gracious in defeat. I have never so sad. Have good night’s rest ‘Man in the middle’.”

Then, in an interview with the Cape Times on Sunday, Wakefield said referees should be made more accountable for their actions.

Wakefield, who was previously the Stormers and WP team manager and then deputy president of the WP Rugby union, was first elected as president in 2012.

In December last year he was re-elected unopposed at the union’s 24th annual general council meeting.

http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/SuperRugby/wakefield-stormers-robbed-by-ref-20160418

The Stormers were outplayed. Simple. As a die-hard Stormer its hard to admit, bit the stats tells a story here. The ref cannot be blamed here. Its 'swak' from Wakefield to even go there.

Epic encounter? nah the game was average and was mostly dominated by the home team.

Elton is looking sharp at 10. 

Eish  :whistling:

Wakefield took to Facebook after the game, expressing his disappointment: “I really cannot describe the atmosphere in the change room. Sadness. Disappointment, Robbed!!! We remain gracious in defeat. I have never so sad. Have good night’s rest ‘Man in the middle’.”

Then, in an interview with the Cape Times on Sunday, Wakefield said referees should be made more accountable for their actions.

I love how he includes "We remain gracious in defeat. " When his rant is anything but

Lions deserved winners but I was impressed by the Stormers, they are looking real good this year. Sad that this chop had to broadcast his opinion to the world after the game.

(Was also not mightily impressed with Stephen Nell of Die Burger using half of his post match report to moan about a forward pass as if this robbed the Stormers of a deserved win.)

I love how he includes "We remain gracious in defeat. " When his rant is anything but

Lions deserved winners but I was impressed by the Stormers, they are looking real good this year. Sad that this chop had to broadcast his opinion to the world after the game.

(Was also not mightily impressed with Stephen Nell of Die Burger using half of his post match report to moan about a forward pass as if this robbed the Stormers of a deserved win.)

I must agree with you, the stormers do look in better shape this year.

A good source within the camp has said the mood is much better than previous years with fleckie allowing most to express themselves rather than "running" to a plan every phase of play in every part of the field as before.

Exciting news for the boks  :whistling: