Rugby...

'Dale

Captaincy change is a good start hey

On-field leadership responsibility, inspiration and decision-making is lacking

It's about having the respect of your fellow players through your own performances that a captain is made. Strauss does NOT have that. His performances doesn't warrant it.

I will repeat myself once again as to who should be the captain, or rather captains: Warren Whiteley and Duane Vermeulen. Bonus - they can be used interchangeably at 7 & 8 which naturally would allow us several variations ito attack at scrum time. Why on earth AC cannot see this I really do not know!

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good assessment there mntboy. I would add our tight 5 as another reason why our backs are getting crap ball. Beast is also there on reputation, Etzebeth as good as he is, is lazy. Psdt should replace lood and mostert should be on the bench. Unfortunately I doubt AC has the goons to do any of the above.

Why PSDT wasn't starting I don't know. He was one of the brighter lights in the Ireland series. Re Mostert he can play as flank too so it would have been a worthwhile consideration to play him as a 7 but since our next matches are against the Aussies and AB's that would be a bad gamble. Damn fine player though.

Duane is injured at the moment, otherwise he would've been at 8 and ww on the bench or 7 (like AC used them against Ireland)

In general the balance of this team isn't right and there's just not a good vibe around this team.

It's about having the respect of your fellow players through your own performances that a captain is made. Strauss does NOT have that. His performances doesn't warrant it.

I will repeat myself once again as to who should be the captain, or rather captains: Warren Whiteley and Duane Vermeulen. Bonus - they can be used interchangeably at 7 & 8 which naturally would allow us several variations ito attack at scrum time. Why on earth AC cannot see this I really do not know!

Yip

Yebo

????????????????

it seems that someone in our coaching hierachy convinces our young players to convert from running attacking rugby to dumb head down rugby. i only played a little rugby in my time but i was always told to try your best not to be tackled when you have the ball. sure most teams have a player that induces the tackle as a tactic - we have 15 of them - that tactic is now stale. only one player was able to run over a defender and he's not around any longer

We need a number 8, 9 and 10 like the Pumas had. Our number 9 is almost there, he just needs to relax a little sometimes and think things through.

Isa was massive for the Pumas, and Creevy has the heart of a Lion.

Edited by Moridin

Duane is injured at the moment, otherwise he would've been at 8 and ww on the bench or 7 (like AC used them against Ireland)

Ja Duane and his injuries at inconvenient times! :whistling:

Agreed. AC doesn't seem to be getting the best out this team and a misuse/squandering of talent seems to be the order of the day.

We need a number 8, 9 and 10 like the Pumas had. Our number 9 is almost there, he just needs to relax a little sometimes and think things through.

Isa was massive for the Pumas, and Creevy has the heart of a Lion.

Creevy and Read are imho the two best international captains at the moment. The way they lead from the front with their efforts lifts their respective teams.

Thought that Juan Martin Hernandez had a good game, ditto the rest of the backline.

Overall Los Pumas were just better prepared and had a better attitude towards the match.

it seems that someone in our coaching hierachy convinces our young players to convert from running attacking rugby to dumb head down rugby. i only played a little rugby in my time but i was always told to try your best not to be tackled when you have the ball. sure most teams have a player that induces the tackle as a tactic - we have 15 of them - that tactic is now stale. only one player was able to run over a defender and he's not around any longer

The best example of this was when Duh Duh made a line break close to the tryline. With one player in front of him he runs straight at the defender to bulldoze him. Instead he gets tackled and the ball is ripped from him inches from the line. 

IMO the problems start and end with the coaching staff!

The selection of Toetie was a step backwards and his coaching staff was another few steps in the wrong direction.

we not going anywhere with this bunch in charge. 

very little positives can be taken out of the 5 test matches we have played this year and thanks to a few individuals with the never say die attitude, we lucky to have beaten Ireland.  

AC has never been a good coach... he did absolutely nothing with a world class bunch of players at the Stormers. He's also never adapted to the way in which the game has been moving for over half a decade. At least HM could implement a 'bad game plan'

De Allende needs to be replaced by somebody that can pass a ball... he stuffs up the whole backline.

Kriel has to start

Strauss is playing the worst rugby of his entire career... the captaincy is clearly doing him no favours! WW is a brilliant leader

Beast is well past his best

Dread the idea of playing the AB's at the moment  :eek:

De Allend had a go on Twitter at a person that criticized his lack of passing. He later retracted and apologized for the tweet. I actually thought the criticism of his playing was quite tame and gentle when you think how poorly he has been playing

Rob Louw has also tweeted to say he is embarrassed by the performance and compared it to West Indian cricket which is a shadow of what it was and while it has lots of talent has no team cohesion and very poor coaching.

AND THE TRANSFORMATION OF THE RUGBY IS ALMOST COMPLETED....

Just a pity they still win one two games every so often. (much like the Soccer dudes)

De Allend had a go on Twitter at a person that criticized his lack of passing. He later retracted and apologized for the tweet. I actually thought the criticism of his playing was quite tame and gentle when you think how poorly he has been playing

Rob Louw has also tweeted to say he is embarrassed by the performance and compared it to West Indian cricket which is a shadow of what it was and while it has lots of talent has no team cohesion and very poor coaching.

Not very clever of Duh Duh to respond to critcism on Twitter. Then again, he doesn't look like the sharpest tool in the shed...

I wonder if the same okes who started campaigning to get rid of HM will do the same with AC?