Rugby...

'Dale

Did not even watch.. 

He is a moegoe

As long as we have an AA coach and AA players.................we have no chance of winning. So woopee we beat the Argies.......that should be happening anyway. We drew against Aussies when their rugby at the lowest level it's been in years...... WP threw a party when AC got the Bok coach job 'cos they were happy to be rid of him. Lessons learnt!!??.........AC is a tjop!

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Skosan and Rhule have never been international level players, and will never be.

Rock solid AA players......nothing more......

It was a day when everything the All Blacks touched turned to gold. 

I am still happy to support the coach from what I'm seeing from this group and I have a feeling they will come good sooner than we think. A few tweaks and a few player changes needed but I'm not feeling the doom and gloom.

The margins are small and if Cronje and Kriel were playing yesterday it would already have made a massive difference. 

I tend to agree here - apart from the lineouts we weren't 57-0 bad. According to the stats the AllBLacks had 31 handling errors themselves too

See that Barrett has been praised for his backflick pass - really, thought it was a flashy low percentage move that came very close to backfiring so early on.

If the All Blacks are really so good, why do they still have to cheat so much?

Here's a case in point, actually I'll give three.

look at the scoreline - 7-3 would have been nice?

Early tackle, open tryline with fullback outpacing a flank. That's a solid professional foul. of course that's the only view you'll ever get of it from the NZ video feed.

post-1830-0-91931800-1505734531_thumb.png

The first try was great opportunistic play, but why were we so stupid to let them take an early penalty. [sarcasm font]when the ref blows for a penalty you hold onto the ball until your guys are ready. [/sarcasm font]. Check what their 15 does and our 15 does to get the ball back it's like he instinctly knows what is going to happen running from all the way back there

https://youtu.be/65wCaqKnkY0?t=40

and even when you are allowed to take a quick tap, instead of retreating they just tackle you. right under the ref's eyes. I'm Kieran Read , can do whatever i want and it will always be ok.

https://youtu.be/65wCaqKnkY0?t=1595

I know it's clutching at straws, and we definitely did not even come close to winning. But it's just so irritating seeing the All Blacks on a pedestal when they get to do stuff that other teams get penalised for.

Bliksem, that was now embarrassing!

I have no words.

Heard this morning KPMG audited the rugby points - the boks actually won :whistling:

SARU needs to headhunt an international coach asap!!

So its now four days since the most embarrassing event of the year - do the Boks have a new coach yet?

I have not heard anything !!

More systemically, what to do about the player drain?

:blink:

At this point in time the whole Rugby system including the Springboks and Super Rugby teams need a close examination and what is the way forward.

and of course the elephant in the room is the fact that the Maori and South Sea islanders are just physically better specimens and hence more natural rugby players than any other race ( :whistling: ) currently playing rugby in the world.

what is New Zealand doing about it?

Firstly, players gotta live in New Zealand to play for the All Blacks as it reflects commitment. They can earn twice or more in Europe, Japan and U.K.

A deep tradition of pride in the jersey is embedded - nowhere else in the works has this been so powerfully established. And it is surrounded by a legacy of excellence.

The All Blacks also do not focus solely on strength, skills and tactical play; they also focus heavily on personal leadership, team unity and character building.

Humility off the field; arrogance and belief on the field is strongly fostered.

Edited by 'Dale

and of course the elephant in the room is the fact that the Maori and South Sea islanders are just physically better specimens and hence more natural rugby players than any other race ( :whistling: ) currently playing rugby in the world.

Rubbish - you're saying it's just genetics, and there's nothing we can do about it. In reality it's just part of the puzzle.

I think the success of our Sevens team shows that we can definitely compete and beat the best. All it requires is the SARU and the politicians to f#$% right off, pick the best team on merit and give the coach all the resources he needs to make it work.

http://www.rugby15.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/161125-Springbok-Sevens.jpg

this is against the backdrop of the NZ7's team dominating for about 6/7 years. We've raised the game and even Tjietjiens has gone - will they be back to the top?

There is no reason our 15s team can't be equally dominant, but the whole system needs to be geared towards the Springboks being successful.

Rubbish - you're saying it's just genetics, and there's nothing we can do about it. In reality it's just part of the puzzle.

I think the success of our Sevens team shows that we can definitely compete and beat the best. All it requires is the SARU and the politicians to f#$% right off, pick the best team on merit and give the coach all the resources he needs to make it work.

http://www.rugby15.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/161125-Springbok-Sevens.jpg

this is against the backdrop of the NZ7's team dominating for about 6/7 years. We've raised the game and even Tjietjiens has gone - will they be back to the top?

There is no reason our 15s team can't be equally dominant, but the whole system needs to be geared towards the Springboks being successful.

i'm not saying it's just genetics. I'm saying genetics plays a major role. Think East Africans and long distance running. Think African American and Jamaican sprinters.

As for 7's, Fiji used to be the bees knees there and they are useless at 15 a side. So it's a different game completely. Loads of space for our small fast players to flourish.

PS It's not about the money.

it is for some. They don't want more of this, and currently the black jersey means that there are very few they need to break the rules for (ie. Carter).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/2017/04/18/nick-evans-harlequins-fly-half-retire-end-season/

The all blacks came very close to losing a world cup due to their selection policies. down to 4th best flyhalf in 2011, they had to get Stephen Donald away from a beer and fishing trip for the final

http://sp.imgci.com/PICTURES/CMS/30300/30317.2.jpg

meanwhile the far superior Nick Evans and Luke McAllistair were fit but playing overseas.(Donald was also on his way, but needed to go fishing first). they didn't budge from the policy, and well it came down to a single kick in the end which just sneaked in. risky, but it has helped stop the flow to europe

Firstly, players gotta live in New Zealand to play for the All Blacks as it reflects commitment. They can earn twice or more in Europe, Japan and U.K.

A deep tradition of pride in the jersey is embedded - nowhere else in the works has this been so powerfully established. And it is surrounded by a legacy of excellence.

The All Blacks also do not focus solely on strength, skills and tactical play; they also focus heavily on personal leadership, team unity and character building.

Humility off the field; arrogance and belief on the field is strongly fostered.

This!  :thumbup: