Rugby...

'Dale

Did not even watch..

He is a moegoe

He took some real positives out of the game though. Said as much in his post-match interview. Unless his boys have been on the USN products again, I am not sure what he means?

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So glad I spent 5 hours on the MTB today, with a coffee stop in between.

Also happy I don't have DStv (to record the game), so I'm not forced to sit through whatever embarrassment it was.

Won't stop supporting them because of this game, but for once I'm glad I didn't have to endure 80 minutes of...

The waether was super crap here this morning so I sat through the whole game.

Man it was bad.

Skosan, Rhule and Jantjies are dead weight.

Mind you they were all crap...

I phoned Newlands hoping to get a ticket for the upcoming game. I asked the lady who answered if there was still place for me. She said sure, what position would I like to play?

Perhaps you can partner Dave Von Hoeslin at flyhalf to his scrummie?

Me, I'll have the good sense to be the unused loose forward on the bench. :whistling:

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

He took some real positives out of the game though. Said as much in his post-match interview. Unless his boys have been on the USN products again, I am not sure what he means?

Positives??? We started well enough but the handling errors, poor defending and a even worse set piece put us behind the 8 ball. AB'S are absolutely ruthless on any mistakes and errors and we had far to many of those as well. And no on field leadership today. Hard to see any positives in that lot. Lots and lots to work on.

AB'S are a class above.

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

The waether was super crap here this morning so I sat through the whole game.

Man it was bad.

Skosan, Rhule and Jantjies are dead weight.

Mind you they were all crap...

Skosan and Rhule have never been international level players, and will never be.

He he I somehow think, and from the comments, that SA rugby's troubles extend just a tiny bit further than the coach. And I didn't even see the game.

But also don't ever underestimate the importance of the coach. Don't forget that Leicester city won the premiership with no stars and 1 inspirational coach. Sure there were other factors at play... But the coach played a major role

Skosan and Rhule have never been international level players, and will never be.

As Nick Mallett said not one of the SA players would make the All Black/SA combined side, but we knew that before the match started. Hougaard and Jantjies are the Duminy/Parnell of the rugby world. Good enough to impress when the game is just slightly below top speed but hopeless if the competition is world class. Weirdly, I actually feel a bit sorry for them. Unlike when Streauli took some great players and mangled them into a bunch of hacks, this team really do seem to be average guys trying to do something. How much of that is politics and how much is coaching, not sure. Edited by Thor Buttox

Heard they are planning a friendly soccer game against Bafana........to boost the confidence a little.......and keep the scores low........which is why they cancelled the planned friendly against the Proteas........cricket scores would have made them feel too much like yesterday  :ph34r: 

Rob seems to agree with the Rhule Skosan problem we have.

As a unit, the alliance of Andries Coetzee, Raymond Rhule and Courtnall Skosan has perplexingly been left undisturbed throughout the year, despite looking routinely less convincing than any prior Bok back three assembled in the post-isolation period, frankly.

On second viewing of the Albany fiasco, Coetzee, in the last line of defence, had a slightly better outing than I gave him credit for on Saturday, and may cling to his post for a bit longer.

But he hasn’t exactly screamed that he belongs yet, whilst the two wings have been particularly brittle: Rhule was lamentably bad on defence against the All Blacks, being swatted off with contempt all too often by NZ ball-carriers, either large or smaller.

He simply has to go - this should have happened weeks ago – and sadly so does Skosan, who hasn’t come close at the higher level to replicating his Super Rugby sharpness for the Lions.

These two form a critical part of a broad problem of lack of physicality in the Bok back division, something coach Coetzee, with due respect to his more astute strides in other areas this season, seems worryingly blinkered about.

It was a day when everything the All Blacks touched turned to gold. 

I am still happy to support the coach from what I'm seeing from this group and I have a feeling they will come good sooner than we think. A few tweaks and a few player changes needed but I'm not feeling the doom and gloom.

The margins are small and if Cronje and Kriel were playing yesterday it would already have made a massive difference.