Rugby...

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at our games. Only Newlands and Kings Park are fairly full, rest of the stadiums are virtually empty.

That says a lot.

15 man rugby has become extremely boring to watch because of all the rules. I certainly don't watch any of the Super Rugby games on TV anymore. Got better things to do.

I think a new rule must be made: if you get tackled and the ball touches the ground, then the other team must get the ball. No scrum, nothing. Just tap and go. Maybe then players will learn to pass and run into gaps.

Edited by Moridin

I heard a stat that in NZ vs Aus super rugby enocunters, the kiwis have won 38 on the trot.

then the Tah's ghosted to a 29-0 lead after half an hour, and still found a way to lose 31-29. So the run goes to 39 now.

Looking at the logs, things are all Black.

post-1830-0-59937300-1526291018_thumb.png

This is for all games. and taking away the sunwolves and jags. I can't imagine how one sided it would look if we took derbies out of it.

edit: I picked out the sunwolves/jags and home derbies.

In total 

NZ played 21, won 17

SA played 24, won 8

Aus played 15 won 5

NZ Home

vs Aus 2- 0

vs RSA 7-1

Aus home

vs NZ 0-4

vs SA 5-1

SA home

vs NZ 3-4

vs Aus 3-0   

Edited by Shebeen

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, quite a big bok squad. Not sure how many guys will get axed early on but looks good so far. Big surprise for me is Willie le Roux. No point in bringing him out here to sit on the side, and cannot possibly see how he could start ahead of Warwick Gelant?

Let’s see

Edited by Benjamin

Ok, quite a big bok squad. Not sure how many guys will get axed early on but looks good so far. Big surprise for me is Willie le Roux. No point in bringing him out here to sit on the side, and cannot possibly see how he could start ahead of Warwick Gelant?

Let’s see

Experience: Le Roux 1-0 Gallant

Transformation: Le Roux 0-1 Gallant

Form: haven’t seen Le Roux play, so not sure on the form.

4 tests, a big squad... give everyone a run as the goal is the 2019 RWC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think even the players have lost interest in the Super Whateveritiscallednow. I know the public certainly has. As they say too much of a good thing ....

Most people lost interest when it webt from a short Sharp competition where everyone played each other home and away.... To the country basedd groups with the confusing points system

I've also lost interest with Superbru... went from missing a few picks (rugby on a Friday morning just doesn't make sense) to missing a full round.

I still think a 1st/2nd division will be better with a feeder system from the 2nd division teams into the 1st division. Contract the top 50 players into the 1st division (2 teams max from each country/region), and another 50-75 players for the 2nd division. No promotion/relegation - just a top tier and development/backup tier. Your test team is selected from the top 50 players, while the 2nd division is for developing talent without being thrown into the deep end (immediately).

Any additional players can play in a 3rd division - that is regional based (no touring), i.e. Vodacom Cup comes to mind. Bring back the Currie Cup as the premier provincial competition where the contracted players return to their "home" union, and not a watered-down competition where international players are rested.

I stumbled onto this by accident really. Yesterday my wife and I, for some unknown reason, started talking about the VSR series. Neither of us knew how many teams are in the series.

Back in the day we used to be big rugby fans...now tennis and cycling uses up most of the viewing time in our house.

For some reason, rugby lost its appeal. And to think, 20 years ago, all I wanted to do was play rugby.

Am I missing anything by not watching rugby anymore?

I stumbled onto this by accident really. Yesterday my wife and I, for some unknown reason, started talking about the VSR series. Neither of us knew how many teams are in the series.

Back in the day we used to be big rugby fans...now tennis and cycling uses up most of the viewing time in our house.

For some reason, rugby lost its appeal. And to think, 20 years ago, all I wanted to do was play rugby.

Am I missing anything by not watching rugby anymore?

Same here. Since I stopped DSTV a few years ago I don’t watch rugby at home. Mostly MotoGP and the XCO for me

So middle of the night on Saturday.... Might miss the first half due to other commitments

So middle of the night on Saturday.... Might miss the first half due to other commitments

Seems you and I did not miss much. Went on a night out with the wife.

Edited by Moridin

Bok Team for Saturday:

15 Willie le Roux, 14 Sbu Nkosi, 13 Lukhanyo Am, 12 Damian de Allende, 11 Aphiwe Dyantyi, 10 Handre Pollard, 9 Faf de Klerk, 8 Duane Vermeulen, 7 Jean-Luc du Preez, 6 Siya Kolisi (captain), 5 Franco Mostert, 4 RG Snyman, 3 Trevor Nyakane/Wilco Louw, 2 Bongi Mbonambi, 1 Tendai Mtawarira

Substitutes: 16 Akker van der Merwe, 17 Steven Kitshoff, 18 Wilco Louw/Thomas du Toit, 19 Pieter-Steph du Toit, 20 Sikhumbuzo Notshe, 21 Ivan van Zyl, 22 Elton Jantjies, 23 Warrick Gelant

Personally would have started with Akker but i guess Bongi is a "safer" or "tighter" option. No x-factor in the front means Rassie is going to play the typical Vrystaat game. Bully up front and free up the super fast wingers. Not one fetcher in the team apart from our outside center.

Not one fetcher in the team apart from our outside center.

Last week we had 2, Ralapele and Kwagga. The only thing they should have been fetching is water for the other players.