Always insightful and entertaining. Genius. 🤓

44 is a classic "how not to maul".

and #7

Edited by Frosty

• 5 weeks later...
11 hours ago, 'Dale said:

28th consecutive win; 5th tournament win

This team, wow. 

Great achievement but it feels a bit diluted with NZ and Fiji not competing.

They got pretty close to losing a couple matches and I can’t help but imagine that if they made those same mistakes against the other 2 big teams they would get hammered. It just doesn’t feel like the best team we’ve fielded compared to past teams.

44 minutes ago, l4y3rcake said:

Great achievement but it feels a bit diluted with NZ and Fiji not competing.

They got pretty close to losing a couple matches and I can’t help but imagine that if they made those same mistakes against the other 2 big teams they would get hammered. It just doesn’t feel like the best team we’ve fielded compared to past teams.

There is truth in what you say, even if it is only perception.

But worth noting, the Blitsboks made the effort to be top of their game with all the disruptions that are going around. They ensured they are in safe sporting bubbles and went through the hassles to be at these tournaments. So well done to them.

Winning 29 games on the trot is no mean feat, even with Fiji and NZ not present. In many other tournaments we have fallen out of contention by losing to the "minor" teams like USA etc.

On 11/27/2021 at 9:37 PM, 'Dale said:

Always classy, the Blitzies - 18 wins in a row, I read somewhere

apparently 

up to 29!

thing is obviously with no All blacks on tour, and FIJI now covided it is a little hollower, but the standard of other teams has improved. It is very easy to lose a 7s game as there is a huge amount of chance involved.

(the record is something like 48 in a row, the AB7s of 2007 or thereabouts. went an entire year unbeaten)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I checked in on the social media page of my old high school. 

When two Gr12 lads stand next to Vic, and make him look "average", then you know they ain't small. 

Unfortunately, this isn't one of the posh rugby schools, so the Scouts won't look at them for national consideration and no-one will care until they run out for France/Italy/Scotland in 10 years time... 

IMG_20220406_190448.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 4/6/2022 at 7:11 PM, Vetplant said:

I checked in on the social media page of my old high school. 

When two Gr12 lads stand next to Vic, and make him look "average", then you know they ain't small. 

Unfortunately, this isn't one of the posh rugby schools, so the Scouts won't look at them for national consideration and no-one will care until they run out for France/Italy/Scotland in 10 years time... 

IMG_20220406_190448.jpg

What school is that?