ROADIES ARE PIGS!!!!!

Groggery

I do not agree with littering of any kind.

But, most if not all of the pro teams make use of Tacx water bottles, which are fully bio-degradable for that reason. Fortunately most discarded water bottles make it into some or other fan's collection.

But it does not create a good impression in Joe Public's eyes.

Which begs the question: why don't nutrition companies focus more on bio-degradable packaging for their products? And I do not mean recyclable, I mean bio-degradable.

This a great idea :thumbup: Why can't they make them inbiodegradablee packaging? Can anyone elaborate on this

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha, I was going to call the OP a mean name too but I see you lot have taken it off my hands.

Oh what the heck: "no, you are a pig!"

I feel better now.

Will someone please respond to the customer complaint thread as I am scared of what will happen if I give in to temptation.

I heard Phil and his twin say that those bottles tossed during the Tour de France are picked up and collected by fans.

If you think that you are going to change peoples behaviour by 1) calling them childish names or 2) by confronting them while on the bike, you have a lot to learn about human nature. The people who litter know what they are doing is wrong, they just do it anyway, you are not going to get them to change their minds.

You may be quite correct in your assessment that people will not change if you confront them, that does not mean that we should keep quiet about it. If enough cyclists voice their dissatisfaction at littering in a bunch I believe the offenders will get the message. How much is enough? I don't know, but peer pressure is a powerful thing. After all why do cyclists shave their legs?

Those toothpaste tube gel thingies are cool.

Very user-friendly.

Pity Hammer doesn't get packaged that way...

Yes, I know what you mean. Last year I was on track for the win. Missed it by 2 hours in the end and my mom had to stitch up my jersey pockets as the seams had split from all the gu wrappers.

Did you happen to pick up the lost water bottle, a cape storm bottle I think it was, the one with great sentimental value? It was the guys first waterbottle ever!

:lol:

Those toothpaste tube gel thingies are cool.

Very user-friendly.

Pity Hammer doesn't get packaged that way...

Hammer does provide a nice bottle that you can fill from the larger container - cheaper that way too...

If it has been said - sue me...

Problem starts with pros doing it all the time --> and then Phil et al has the audacity to explain that it is ok because it will be picked up by a souvenir hunter - yeah right. (His conviction is starting to waiver lately though - almost as if he is not believing himself anymore.)

Hammer does provide a nice bottle that you can fill from the larger container - cheaper that way too...

Yah, remember that now...

Thanx for the tip.

Should just juice like in tour de France, then no need for sachets!! :eek:

We could just fulfil that other stereo type of roadies :o

Roadies are like this...

MTBer's are like that......

Fixies are like this......

Tandems are like that....

Commuters are like this....

Tri athletes are like..........

Mlungus are like this, abuntu are like that, amaindia are like this, amakaladi are like that.......

Zimbabweans are like this, Ghanians are like that, Swazi's are like this, Sotho's are like that.......

So a road riding amakaladi is a very different sort of a person to a mtb riding amakaladi - but then again a road riding amakaladi from Zim is very different species to a road riding amakaladi from Swaziland - ludicrous........

So if a cyclist belongs to Cyclelab, he's like this, if he rides for Germiston Wheelers his like that...................

AND all Germans were Nazis.....

An error in your reasoning. The general public do not distinguish between MTBikers, Roadies, Commuters, Downhiller, etc. They see them all as cyclists. The general public would then say "Cyclists are pigs", which would include you. :whistling:

Correct. That is what OP said. The few give all the bad rep.