StevieL

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/21/2023 at 7:07 AM, Walie I am said:

27664CC1-CC42-4D55-9822-BF1AC5D656B8.jpeg

How's my spray job holding up @Walie I am?

That was the first professional spray job I tackled on a friends bike. It was still supposed to get a Candy Red over the top of that maroon but Hennie liked that base coat colour so much he decided to stay with it.

On 9/21/2023 at 7:07 AM, Walie I am said:

27664CC1-CC42-4D55-9822-BF1AC5D656B8.jpeg

Saddle vs handle bar easthetics puts it on a different level. I love the somewhat more curved, almost track-like bars. If ever there was a poster bike for how "less-is-more", this is it. Great Job Buff

On 9/20/2023 at 5:25 PM, splat said:

I am selling this C40 for a friend

(I have sent it off for a once over at the LBS, so will update the advert with better pics and specs)

That stem also needs to be flipped!

20230920_125118.jpg

I'm not supposed to even look, let alone ask, but what size is this and what groupset? I think I can make out Eurus wheels.

1 hour ago, DJR said:

I'm not supposed to even look, let alone ask, but what size is this and what groupset? I think I can make out Eurus wheels.

I just got it back from the shop after being cleaned and 'once overed', so I need to take proper measurements as it doesn't seem to be printed on the frame.
But its about 55mm (centre to top and about the same horizontal top tube)

Gruppo is Campy Veloce / Record 10spd

Price is negotiable

• 2 weeks later...

I see very nice Colnagos sitting forever in the classifieds these days, are we all too broke or disc brake befok?

From the POV of someone currently listing a very beautiful Colnago, it feels awful to reduce the price, but it does seem they are sitting.

Some Colnagos are more desirable than others and sell quickly at the right price. Some are overpriced and sellers think just because it is Colnago they can charge a premium but the bike has no collector value at this point in time.

2 hours ago, Barry said:

Some Colnagos are more desirable than others and sell quickly at the right price. Some are overpriced and sellers think just because it is Colnago they can charge a premium but the bike has no collector value at this point in time.

I'm talking about decently specced C40s, not the Taiwanese ***

19 hours ago, Nakoota said:

I see very nice Colnagos sitting forever in the classifieds these days, are we all too broke or disc brake befok?

I have 4 listed for over 6 months now, here and on FB Market Place - done a few price drops, no takers. Got to a point that i'd rather keep them than drop any further.

I think its a bit of both - People don't have money now and collecting older or vintage bikes is not cool anymore - I plan to immigrate in the next 10 - 12 months so i'll take them with, the European market is very active with good prices being achieved  

• 3 months later...

I am toying with the idea of doing the Eroica 2024 and have tried to get this bike onto the road again. Have been trying to build it up for a while now.

I think it is a Colnago Superissimo Thron 1990s. I don't have all the original parts ... it is still Campagnolo Mirage 8 speed. 🙃 The shifter action is also still extremely smooth.
Wheels have Ritchey hubs. Seat, seatpost, quill etc also non original.
There is no series-name on the bike, just the signature, the tubing info and recessed Colnago emblems on the fork and lugs, also an Ernesto Colnago signature on the headset?

Colnago_Super_Thron.jpg

Colnago_Signature.jpg

Colnago_8Speed_Mirage.jpg

19 minutes ago, EddieV said:

I am toying with the idea of doing the Eroica 2024 and have tried to get this bike onto the road again. Have been trying to build it up for a while now.

I think it is a Colnago Superissimo Thron 1990s. I don't have all the original parts ... it is still Campagnolo Mirage 8 speed. 🙃 The shifter action is also still extremely smooth.
Wheels have Ritchey hubs. Seat, seatpost, quill etc also non original.
There is no series-name on the bike, just the signature, the tubing info and recessed Colnago emblems on the fork and lugs, also an Ernesto Colnago signature on the headset?

Colnago_Super_Thron.jpg

Colnago_Signature.jpg

Colnago_8Speed_Mirage.jpg

Beautiful

Nice, Super Thron Decor with the Piu internal rear brake cable routing. Eroica should be on your bucket list as its well worth attending. Don't be put off by the rules and regulations of only pre 87 bikes and equipment.

2 hours ago, Loose cog said:

Nice, Super Thron Decor with the Piu internal rear brake cable routing. Eroica should be on your bucket list as its well worth attending. Don't be put off by the rules and regulations of only pre 87 bikes and equipment.

Agreed. Put the biggest rubber on that will clear the frame and fork and just do it.

18 hours ago, DJR said:

Agreed. Put the biggest rubber on that will clear the frame and fork and just do it.

Thanks DJR, I think I have maxed the rubber already with the 25mm on there at the moment. It doesn't look like a 28mm will fit - the fork arch is very low. 🙃

20 hours ago, Loose cog said:

Thank you for assisting with the model  - I had no idea, 😉. I will sign up for the Eroica too ....