All things Colnago

StevieL

Final note on the C59. Check whether there are cable holes on the top tube near the head-tube lug as well as on the seat-tube, near the front derailleur. If the are, it is compatible with an electronic setup. If not, it is mechanical specific.

When you say it is Mechanical specific, I dont know what you mean, what prevents the cables running along the route of the other cables. I am sorry that I am coming across as dumb, but I do not see how you cannot put Di2 on the "mechanical" bike.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen someone fit EPS on a C40. Although it worked 100% he had to run the deraileur wires underneath the downtube amd secure it with an adhesive tape. The alternative would be to drill holes in the frame. The last thing you wamt to happen is to let those cables come loose and end up in your crankset or wheels. If you are prepared to drill holes in your nice carbon frame I dont see why it can't work. Personally I would'nt.

• 2 weeks later...

• I had a C50!!! Best bike I have ever been on, and I have been on many!!! Sold it for a song but serious regrets still to this day!!

I must add my humble little project to all of these magnificent machines. 1998 Titanio stripped back to naked titanium. Most of the original Campagnolo Chorus groupset still intact. One day when I'm all grown up, I will maybe justify a set of Boras.

Very stylish and beautiful.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My new baby... can finally post on this thread.

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss153/Patch-elicious/Side_zps63yqyvii.jpg

Gorgeous. What's the weight?