StevieL

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice. Love the colour

Is that KMC chain

Yup SL11 I think, I have the Record 11 as well, just incase I didnt like the Gold, but it is cool.

Stunning!

How did you know EXACTLY what I was busy building with the parts I bought from the Hub? Basically, a C40 but with a much older classic Saronni red paint job. Mine is with BMC a.t.m. and I hope to have it all done before Christmas. 

Edited by DJR

What is the import duty on importing a 2 nd hand bicycle ?

You will have to check with customs. They might just hit you with duties for a full bicycle.

Don't think they care if it is new or secondhand. 

Import duty will be the same I suspect. 

Best plan so to break it up into frame and some parts and wheel and some parts. 

Bring it in like that.

The courier cost of the extra box will probably be less than the extra duties on the bike if imported in a complete state.   

That is what I would do. 

My 2-cent.

Hello.

Although I cannot find a distinction between used and new, avoid bringing in a fully built up bicycle. Separate it into a few pieces, and bring in as parts.

It also depends where you are importing from.

e.g. Fully built from China - 15%

Fully built from Europe, with Euro import certificate - 0%

Nothing if it's 2nd hand even if its complete. You will just pay customs VAT on the declared value which they gross up by 10% and then calculate the 14% VAT on that grossed up value

Can someone help me out please and tell me which year and model this is. Given to me by a good mate. Hoping to fully restore it. 84acade22dd00e9d6f929721825aa0d7.jpg

Can someone help me out please and tell me which year and model this is. Given to me by a good mate. Hoping to fully restore it. 84acade22dd00e9d6f929721825aa0d7.jpg

What shape is the top and down tubes? Are they oval, round or clover shaped? Post a pic of bb at the bottom and any other decals denoting tubing used. Looks stunning. From initial impressions it looks like a Super from the 80's.

Got a message from BMC to say that frame is done. So, almost there!

I picked mine up from Bogus on Friday.