26" 27.5" and 29" Wheels and mtb's.

RodTi

Im a touch biased as I have one from the same manufacturer.

But I would give the Tomac Diplomat a look....are decent spec for the money. I was tempted, but in the end went with a 26 FS (personal preference)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd go for the Scoot! Very new brand on the market, but I hear they are going places....

They have been available locally for plenty of years. Only recently bought Probike to head up their own operation.

Precisely for 24-25k : Momsen SL729 complete bike. Full 2012 XT Groupset, carbon frame, ZTR Crest rims on Sram X9 hubs.

Also looks good.

I've seen it for less as recommended retail on the site.

http://www.momsenbikes.com/bikes.cfm?prod=sl729_12

Also look at building a bike.

I built mine up for 20k. Weighs 11kg's.

Niner EMD9 Frame, Full 2012 XT groupset, ZTR Crest wheelset. 2012 Reba RLT.

If you can stretch you budget there is a nice carbon Air Niner in the classifieds for 27k.

Momsen SL729 :thumbup:

Sexy piece of machinery :drool:

A mate of mine gets his SL929 tomorrow......lucky bugger!

Edited by Dr Drey

Precisely for 24-25k : Momsen SL729 complete bike. Full 2012 XT Groupset, carbon frame, ZTR Crest rims on Sram X9 hubs.

+1. I saw one of them the other day and it really is a good looking bike with great spec’s!

The Merida 1200D looks like the best value bike for not too much. With some extra bucks I can upgrade the bike here and there. My main concern on the bike is the fork and wheels... The wheels on the Merida Big Nine 3000D looks very nice. If i can realy get the price down on the 3000D I would go for it.

Giant is awesome bikes, I always used Giant mtb's but I must admit that the Scott looks way nicer that the Anthem X2...however I stay a Giant fan

Lifetime warranty is only for about five years after that you will start paying in on frames and most times they won't give you the same type of frame. For example I have seen many people offered hardtail frames for dual suspension mostly because the shocks are not a straight swap.

The Scott's rear travel can be adjusted between two travel settings and is lighter than the Giant....my vote is Scott and the twin lock system

And Probike are now agents for DT Swiss...so supply and variety will be on the up

My friends all have Scotts and the colour schemes come straight out of the circus.

If you care about that, get the Giant.

Edited by Just Keep Pedaling

A review of the Anthem X29

http://bikemagic.com...first-look.html

Two more:

http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/news/article/giant-anthem-x-29er-first-ride-review-28401

http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/news/article/interbike-2011-giant-anthem-xo29-first-ride-review-31706

In those pics the Scott does look quite mean, but if you look closer you'll notice it's mainly because of the amount of spacers on the Anthem.

I think i'm going to go for the Merida Carbon Big Nine 3000D. Just need to negotiate the price between shops!! :( And spaar 'n bit

most value for money (29er) as voted by a UK mountain Bike magazine. CompareMTB if I remembers was the....................................

ON-ONE scandal (alu) and the

ON-One Inbred (steel)

also available in carbon or Titanium.

Comment made (parapharsing here):

On-one was the first to get the 29er geometry right.

The designers at on-one do not agree that you should pay big money for a good frame.

go to www.on-one.co.uk you can import directly or there is an agent in Cape Town as well.

I am upgrading to a full suss 29er in a few week time and have a budget of between 20-24K Have been looking at the Giant Anthem 2, Trek Superfly, Trek Rumblefish or the Cube 29er AMS full suss. All have similar specs. Which would be the best choice in terms of quality and ride experience/enjoyment???