26" 27.5" and 29" Wheels and mtb's.

RodTi

All you guys should just road bikes, then there'll be no arguments on wheel size !!!!!!

I'll rather argue wheel size than sit and debate as to who wheel sucks too much ;)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll rather argue wheel size than sit and debate as to who wheel sucks too much ;)

give that man a Bells.

I am a master wheelsucker... and I suck at dirt-roadie-ing, irrespective of gears, wheel size, or frame material

Ok, then in that case the best wheel is a 27.5 (because it's closest to a road wheel)....

Let the arguing begin !!!!!

:devil: :devil: :devil:

I can see the logic behind what they are saying though,

Small frames 26, meduim frames 27.5 and large frames 29'er. Ive never felt comfortable on any of my 26" bikes, Im not super tall 181.1cm, and went through a whole bunch of bikes over the last couple of years, first ride on my 29'er and it just felt right :) I also cannot see my 5,3" inch GF on a 29'er that would just look wrong.

So the talk after yesterday's WC is, short folk should ride 26" wheels, 27.5" (650b) for people under 6 ft tall und 29" wheels 4 da tall okes?

What this means is that I should not go running to the LBS and buy myself a 650b and think it will make me faster cause Nino won on it...

If you're lucky, you only need a new wheelset. Plenty 26er frames will fit 650B

Ok, then in that case the best wheel is a 27.5 (because it's closest to a road wheel)....

Let the arguing begin !!!!!

:devil: :devil: :devil:

Only from bottom of tyre to top.

The 29'er wheel is exactly the same size as a road wheel.

I can see the logic behind what they are saying though,

Small frames 26, meduim frames 27.5 and large frames 29'er. Ive never felt comfortable on any of my 26" bikes, Im not super tall 181.1cm, and went through a whole bunch of bikes over the last couple of years, first ride on my 29'er and it just felt right :) I also cannot see my 5,3" inch GF on a 29'er that would just look wrong.

Unless she can ride like Ms Batty...

Only from bottom of tyre to top.

The 29'er wheel is exactly the same size as a road wheel.

And they called 29ers because ? (just asking)

I was at in PMB for world cup, and more than 60% or the elites were on 26ers

Ssshhhh, it didn't happen.

I was at in PMB for world cup, and more than 60% or the elites were on 26ers

It can't be !!!

You were obviously seeing things smaller than they actually were !!