26" 27.5" and 29" Wheels and mtb's.

RodTi

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone pull the pics Mtbr? I dying to see what I can do with my Zula.

Very happy I didnt sell it last week!

Thank me later :thumbup:

post-26212-0-35668300-1332837863.jpg

post-26212-0-43639500-1332837879.jpg

post-26212-0-73431600-1332837902.jpg

@Zac.A - Ill thank you now - thank you!

That will work well - should be about 15mm clearance at the back - what volume tyre is at the back? 2.2 or 2.0?

Where did you find a wheelset & tyres?

I have a Sid up front - should have enough space for a 650B?

@Zac.A - Ill thank you now - thank you!

That will work well - should be about 15mm clearance at the back - what volume tyre is at the back? 2.2 or 2.0?

Where did you find a wheelset & tyres?

I have a Sid up front - should have enough space for a 650B?

Spoke to Steve at cyclelab today, apparently Schwalbe are bringing some in.

I know they make a Racing Ralph, that's what'll be on mine, when the rims arrive in 6 weeks time :whistling:

Its gonna be funny when you guys buckle your back wheel slightly and have to walk home! Seriously, that looks pretty tight back there. Fine in a woman, not a bike. And why is thread in the gravity section anyway?

Its gonna be funny when you guys buckle your back wheel slightly and have to walk home! Seriously, that looks pretty tight back there. Fine in a woman, not a bike. And why is thread in the gravity section anyway?

I'm more concerned with the clearance on the 29er bikeposted here.. As for why its in the Gravity section, is it not something that the Downhillers are contemplating as well. I still can't find any answers as to what is enough clearance?

I'm more concerned with the clearance on the 29er bikeposted here.. As for why its in the Gravity section, is it not something that the Downhillers are contemplating as well. I still can't find any answers as to what is enough clearance?

nope. Not yet, anyway. We're still happy with big travel and little wheels. No need to look like a clown AND go flying through the air...

I think a 29er dh bike would be a bit slow in the tight stuff and harder to throw around in the air. And the wheels would explode unless you made them super heavy

Just thought of another problem with a 29er dh bike. Who would buy one? I mean its not like you could borrow a new one and take it on a few flat out dh runs, then take it back and say“ no thanks, that sucks“ . And you couldn't try your mates one cos they don't have one. So someone has to be the guinnea pig and buy a R30 000 bike with no idea if it will be any good. Not me thanks

Just thought of another problem with a 29er dh bike. Who would buy one? I mean its not like you could borrow a new one and take it on a few flat out dh runs, then take it back and say“ no thanks, that sucks“ . And you couldn't try your mates one cos they don't have one. So someone has to be the guinnea pig and buy a R30 000 bike with no idea if it will be any good. Not me thanks

We were talking 650B here,hence why the 650B topic was in the gravity thread. , I know there are 29" trail bikes with 150mm of travel that guys kick arse on. I do see your point though, in saying that they said that carbon frames where never going to be suitable either.

That, dear sir, is why one should pick your brands well and meticulously.

That, dear sir, is why one should pick your brands well and meticulously.

Fortunately my belated 29r euphoria has waned and I prefer my 'old little' bikes ........ ;) - just use it for training and 'fun' now!

Specialized Epic #WHATABIKE!