650B 'validated'?

NotSoBigBen

Hi guys just converted my Pina to 650b the wheels fit perfectly just had to steal my wifes Fox fork and gave her my SID. Will be doing the Tru Cape this weekend so I will let you know how it goes. The only problem I might have is the tyres can't get UST or snakeskin tyres. The plus side is they are lite will be taking a tube with though.

The wheels are American Classic 650b which are about 1700g.

Got Racing Ralph tyres 540g each.

Here is a pic of the bike.

wow thats a beaut. wheels look epic on it :drool: :drool: :drool:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys just converted my Pina to 650b the wheels fit perfectly just had to steal my wifes Fox fork and gave her my SID. Will be doing the Tru Cape this weekend so I will let you know how it goes. The only problem I might have is the tyres can't get UST or snakeskin tyres. The plus side is they are lite will be taking a tube with though.

Cool looking ride and enjoy the bike ... look out for a slow rider on bigger wheels riding a sand coloured On-One SS when you pass me :) at the Trucape

sweeeeeeeeeeeet

i am sure Lloyd at Cape cycles is sorry he cancelled that order of twenty wheelsets when he ordered mine.

Looks sweet, nice bike too :thumbup: So the big question, how does she ride? Did you notice any differences? Edited by Caerus

I think Solomon's were still selling Trek 69ers quite recently and for excellent prices.

Not true, I had a bike set up as a 69er and it was great.

Hmmmm..... Is that like a tandem but with the front rider upside down? :lol:

• 1 month later...

"With a sprint finish to the 5th round of the UCI World Championship XC, Nino Schurter takes another win on his 650b equipped Scott carbon hardtail. Dispite suffering a flat tire. Congrats to Nino, Scott Bikes, DT Swiss, and Dugast tires."

Horses for courses ... I think 650b wheels are great for the small oaks like Nino, Europeans and Italians that are just not big enough to handle 29er wheels. Us Saffas are just too big for 26er or 650b's (generally speaking).

Plus the Europeans havent really taken to the whole big-big wheel explosion as we did here, they now feeling left out.

Good inbetweener!

Horses for courses ... I think 650b wheels are great for the small oaks like Nino, Europeans and Italians that are just not big enough to handle 29er wheels. Us Saffas are just too big for 26er or 650b's (generally speaking).

Plus the Europeans havent really taken to the whole big-big wheel explosion as we did here, they now feeling left out.

Good inbetweener!

:thumbup: - Now there is a choice for everyone.

Good inbetweener!

Speaking to my LBS yesterday (whose mtb stock is currently split roughly 60/40 between 29er and 26er, wheras last year 90% 26er) he says they are starting to take off here but that some resistance is being offered by the 26er types due to the generaly steeper terrain.

I've noticed for the first time this year a few 29er's out riding, so the 29er revolution has started, but just how popular it becomes will be intersting to see. Maybe for that reason (smaller riders and steeper terrain) the inbetween'er will be more popular here in Europe?

Edited by SwissVan

Small, Medium, Large... people are different, so why not have the wheel sizes to accommodate that alongside frame sizing and geometry.

Gives people the opportunity to fine tune and have a selection of what they are comfortable with.

Like Tankman said, horses for courses. :)

Good go? He punctured on the penultimate lap and still win.

Nino Schurter riding for Scott – Swisspower took victory in the Elite Men’s race in a sprint finish against Jose Antonio Hermida (Multivan Merida Biking Team), the pair 1 minute 49 seconds ahead of third placed Jaroslav Kulhavy of the Czech Republic, riding for Specialized Racing.

It was a dramatic race for victory after Schurter, who led alone from the gun, punctured on the penultimate lap as a thunderstorm changed the going from dry to rain-soaked. Schurter was passed in the technical area by Hermida but quickly rejoined and caught the Spanish rider. The two rode much of the final lap together, with Schurter beating Hermida in the final sprint.