Argus Parking - Parked in!!!!

Tiny K

see, you want to start early ! No sympathy. Flippen get there and steal a nice eay parking. You should start later.... oooo say at 9.30 or there abouts. Park miles away, have a nice warm up ride. And then when you finish a nice cool down ride, and get to drive away easy :ph34r:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would rather attribute this to 'panic parking' as a persons start time approaches and no parking found, but still no excuse if you can see that you are parking someone in!

Bad planning on their part. If I can make the effort to plan my morning so as to be at the starting area 2 hours before my starting time, then they can also.

see, you want to start early ! No sympathy. Flippen get there and steal a nice eay parking. You should start later.... oooo say at 9.30 or there abouts. Park miles away, have a nice warm up ride. And then when you finish a nice cool down ride, and get to drive away easy :ph34r:

and what about the poor spectator wife then? :P

If you bothered to read all the information in your race pack, you would have been that My CITI were giving free rides between town and Green Point for cyclists and spectators.

My CITI was AWESOME !!!! We hopped on a Tableview, took a detour through Paarden Eiland onto the R27 and they dropped us at Thibault square. The cyclists way outnumbered the normall passengers. Vibe was great with everyone chatting etc. We got there quickly and had time to stop at the coffee shop which was about 20 metres from the station. Best start to an Argus ever.

After the race, we hopped back on at Greenpoint and enjoyed the free ride to the Civic centre. There we swopped busses and off we went back to Tableview.

I was super impressed and will never go by car again to the Argus.

Edited by Ratty

the MyCity only started running between Green Point and town at 6am - and A bunch started at 06:27 - didn't want to cut it all that close since it is chaos to try and get between all the people to the start line!

Perhaps MyCiti should have been better advertised and explained for the out-of-towners not familar with it. I for one just had to cycle two km's to the start although the cycle back up kloof nek was not fun.

The MyCiti schedules etc were on the event website

the MyCity only started running between Green Point and town at 6am - and A bunch started at 06:27 - didn't want to cut it all that close since it is chaos to try and get between all the people to the start line!

Why would you want the bus between green point and cape town at that time? Its a nice warm up cycle.

That said, don't know what time they started from Tableview. Even if it was only 6am, anyone starting at 7 or later should really think about using the bus next year. We left Tableview at 7:20 and were in town by 7:50.

Edited by Ratty

The MyCiti schedules etc were on the event website

Ok cool - i live close by so didnt bother with that section. Also was more meant for out of towners that are used to the concept of working public transport ....

Why would you want the bus between green point and cape town at that time? Its a nice warm up cycle.

That said, don't know what time they started from Tableview. Even if it was only 6am, anyone starting at 7 or later should really think about using the bus next year. We left Tableview at 7:20 and were in town by 7:50.

because she didn't cycle. I did.

Edit: and I started in A and wanted to be there at least an hour before the start to get a good start spot before the pens filled up.

Edited by Tiny K

I was spectator........

and we live beyond the Northern Suburbs - so driving in is what we have to do :thumbdown:

Parked in the CTICC, R30 for the day, went to the beautiful toilet in the 5***** Westin Hotel, rolled to the start, finished race, and used the N1 exit straight out of the parking onto my way home. Was brilliant!

5***** pre race dump!

Talking about illegal parking...That's way i ride a bakkie!!

I once got parked in on the Cable car road...we went eraly ...did our thing anf got out...only to find some tjop in a smallish (Clio, i think..) parked me TOTALLY in (i mean there was ~10cm gap in my front)..

I got so aggro after waiting 30min...(they could spend entire day on mountain for all i knew...) - I just went ballistic...poped the entire family into bakkie and put foot...screeching tyres the works..I pushed that Clio almosts entirely sideways...and left em a nice little letter on windscreen...

Call it parking rage if you wnat to but i had the menas to do soemthing about it and i did....never herad back from said car...

Park me in...and I'll do it again!! Would not even think twice...

Gotta brag just a little bit here - one advantage of being a Cape Town City Firefighter is that that I can use my fire house as a base for the pre race preperations and for car parking.

However sad to report that a friend of mine's car was broken into somewhere in the vicinity of The Helenic Club. :thumbdown: .

Guest Frail4Life

So, did anyone else get parked in yesterday?

I had gotten early to the parking across from the stadium, parked nicely and went to the start line.

Finished, chatted, and then went to where I parked, only to find that I had a row of cars parked ON the pavement in front of me and two rows of cars behind me.

After a long wait, a guy who had parked on the pavement, a few cars down, pulled out, and I had just enough space to drive between two trees and get out.

I was really MIFFED at the lack of thought these driver had when they parked their vehicles. :cursing:

Your Fault for Not PARKING where I suggested! Sorry to Hear.

Got to my Office in Green Point @ 05h30. Took a Slow ride / 1km to the Start.

5***** pre race dump!

air freshener, marble, hand soap and 4 ply toilet paper, gentle music, warm and cold water, air hand dryer. sort of beats the bake-in-the-sun portaloo by miles :-) and it's less than 500m to the start!

So, did anyone else get parked in yesterday?

I had gotten early to the parking across from the stadium, parked nicely and went to the start line.

Finished, chatted, and then went to where I parked, only to find that I had a row of cars parked ON the pavement in front of me and two rows of cars behind me.

After a long wait, a guy who had parked on the pavement, a few cars down, pulled out, and I had just enough space to drive between two trees and get out.

I was really MIFFED at the lack of thought these driver had when they parked their vehicles. :cursing:

That's just crazy, man...