Nuwater Cyclist - litter

geecee

Apologies, apparently it wasn't Jaco, I assumed it was him, but it was a Nuwater cyclist in the breakaway bunch.

its petty, but when watching the argus coverage and seeing some of the top riders having some gels around chappies, i think it was, i was pleasantly surprised to see them putting the empty sachet in their jerseys....

even so that i made a comment to my gf about how good it was. Just moments after that we witnessed this cyclist, (part of the original breakaway 4) throwing his to the floor. seriously not necessary.

pity there are always some people that do the unwanted.

Edited by geecee

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on guys, don't be harsh. The poor oke is just looking after his sponsor, Nu Water. The more pollution, the greater demand for purified water!

it isn't cool because these guys are who the youth look up to - 'if he can do it, why can't I?' mentality runs through. :thumbdown:

it isn't cool because these guys are who the youth look up to - 'if he can do it, why can't I?' mentality runs through. :thumbdown:

agree totally. especially as they are the ones we see coverage of on TV etc.

not that those that arent in the limelight should get away with it.

Or the Maties rider in the A bunch who tossed his bottle going down Chappies. I think he's been watching the pro's too much...

Geecee, glad you posted this.

I saw the same thing while watching, just didn't have the time to post.

IMO - litter should equal DQ.

They might not be able to apply this to the everyone riding the argus (whatever race), but you can surely make an example of some, especially for the pro's.

Geecee, glad you posted this.

I saw the same thing while watching, just didn't have the time to post.

IMO - litter should equal DQ.

They might not be able to apply this to the everyone riding the argus (whatever race), but you can surely make an example of some, especially for the pro's.

i agree, well maybe not a ban, but some sort of penalty, be it time based or monetary who cares.

people need to get over the idea that 'there are people that will clean it up'

yes maybe there is a clean up team but the wind and such will distribute that rubbish all over the place, and how dedicated are these clean up teams in any case.

I've witnessed this more & more this past Summer Season in the Elite & SV bunches, you see this week in & week out.

The amount of litter was crazy. Riding in the lower groups AA BB CC ect their were numerous people littering ... and the banana stand (i know they are bio degradable) but i thought it could have caused some accidents. At the IM70.3 you get DQ for littering even if it just 'falls' out of your pocket. Zero Tolerance and this is on a highway next to a township not in a nature reserve.

I take it none of you have ever run a red light, taken a pen that is not yours or cussed?

So I entered the Argus.. and there it was, everything that makes my blood boil!!

OK, so there are guys employed to pick up after us but are they paid to walk every meter of the course and scratch behind every bush?

How's this, so a guy on the last 15kms reaches into his back pocket and grabs what I thought was a full gu pack, but throws it down on the ground, empty, then reaches back again to grab another two packs and again throw them away, but this time so far that it landed passed the first row of bushes! It just so happens that he was riding on what I consider to be one of the most beautiful stretches on the most beautiful drive in Cape Town, just above Llandudno.. did anyone see how blue and clear the water was on Sunday?? How could he do that, TOTAL BULLSH*T.

There was no way I could catch him, three gu packs down and he was reaching for more!! I feel like using every swear word known to man.. you know what, I might just do that..

**EVERY SWEAR WORD KNOWN TO MAN!!**

Agree ban or fine the bastards.

I lost count of the tossed bottles in Elite as we hit Little Chappies. Disgusting.

And Bonitas always seem to be culprits. The attitude is just plain f*cked, on so many levels.