Nuwater Cyclist - litter

geecee

If you can take it out your pockets on the ride then you can put the wrapper back in and dispose of it later ! Roadies are ....................... !!!!!! Fill in the blanks

At Sani2C you are DQed if anyone sees you litter !!!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I take it none of you have ever run a red light, taken a pen that is not yours or cussed?

Yes, I see the similarity. Endanger someone's life, steal or use expletives.

Is this your way of saying it is ok to litter?

No Im not but you all act like some people are the devil and you do no wrong ever.

Slightly off topic, but did you guys notice how clean the finish area was? The bins filled up quickly, but then the cyclists just started putting the empty tins / bottles / cans ontop and next to the bins, where the cleanup crew was quick to clear it away. I had a lekker chuckle when some dunce stopped in the middle of the pathway, drank his bottle of water and then put it on the ground and started to move off (no effort made to put it in a bin) One of the cyclist's (on foot) tapped him on the shoulder, showed thhe bottle to him and then pointed towards a dustbin. Dunce smiled sheepishly, shuffled toward the bottle, picked it up and the shuffled towards the dustbin pointed out to him and placed the bottle inside the dustbin. All the while the cyclist who reprimanded him stood watching.

Edited by Wannabe

I take it none of you have ever run a red light, taken a pen that is not yours or cussed?

and if they had and been caught should face the penalties no doubt ... unlike the aforementioned. I find it interesting you would find justification in their somewhere .... i doubt its illegal but is in poor taste - for both the race and cyclist in general.

No Im not but you all act like some people are the devil and you do no wrong ever.

Time to close the thread already?

Are we really the ones to be judged, for taking a pen or swearing?

and FYI, I do not run red robots, it can kill people.

By the time we hit Suikerbossie it looked like a rubbish dump. Gu wrappers and banana peels all over the road.

"Be the change you wish to see in this world"

Just a question - pls dont jump on me.

I have done plenty of running in my time, and part of it has and always will be water sachets etc.

These are always just tossed to the floor once used, and as far as I know this is an acceptable practice as the organisers do a clean up on the route as part of the organisation and hence entry fee, club members time etc.

Is this not the same in cycling?

No I havent have you?

i have done all the above and more, but i also know there is a penalty for such. And because of this i try my utmost not to do the above, and if i doyou can be 99% sure that i made an honest mistake.

the accused cyclist, blatantly threw the wrapper with a fair amount of vigor, so it was not just a case of accidentally dropping it.

Edited by geecee

They should have "litter" or "feeding" zones. Certain areas were it is OK to get rid of your trash. Is it OK to eat a gel and put the rapper in your bib and then get rid of it at a water point for example?

cussing / swearing is not against the law....

Just a question - pls dont jump on me.

I have done plenty of running in my time, and part of it has and always will be water sachets etc.

These are always just tossed to the floor once used, and as far as I know this is an acceptable practice as the organisers do a clean up on the route as part of the organisation and hence entry fee, club members time etc.

Is this not the same in cycling?

Personally i feel neither should be 'allowed' those cleanup crews will never get every piece of paper and plastic that gets thrown down. Is this how you generally live, I certainly don't go around throwing my litter on the floor. I dont feel it should be any different during any sort of organised event.

They should have "litter" or "feeding" zones. Certain areas were it is OK to get rid of your trash. Is it OK to eat a gel and put the rapper in your bib and then get rid of it at a water point for example?

could be onto something here but imagine how that place would look after an event like the argus.

If you can take it out your pockets on the ride then you can put the wrapper back in and dispose of it later ! Roadies are ....................... !!!!!! Fill in the blanks

At Sani2C you are DQed if anyone sees you litter !!!!

bud, don't limit it to roadies - there have been a few threads slating MTB'ers littering in NATURE RESERVES, and, when cycling the argus route last week, I saw the carnage that runners left along the road between the circle and the stadium with all their blue water sachets - the road was literally blue with the sachets....... don't blame it on roadies bud! Blame it on the athlete.

re Sani2C - so you litter on the sly then?