kidney stones

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I kid you not

Spent Friday night in theatre getting a stent for a kidney stone (5mm) Struggled with severe lower back pain just before boarding plane in PE on Thursday.

That little mother... made my cry and crawled like a baby. At one stage death looks more attractive.

Need to go back in 2 weeks time.

Ask dr to check which stone it is, maybe need to avoid certain things.

Lemon juice and lots of water now

I kid you not

Spent Friday night in theatre getting a stent for a kidney stone (5mm) Struggled with severe lower back pain just before boarding plane in PE on Thursday.

That little mother... made my cry and crawled like a baby. At one stage death looks more attractive.

There should be a "sympathy?" button in stead of a "like" button. :)

I’ve never had. Very thankful for that. However my dads had a bout of stones twice in his life. He’s the toughest person I know, proppa old school tough and they bent him over like a baby. Scares the hell out of me!

I kid you not

Shame man..heal up fast.

That lower back pain is the closest pain a man can't get to labour pains... as for passing a kidney stone..I can only imagine that that must be very painful.

Edited by Gen

I think the nicest sound I ever heard, was that "ting" when the flippin one I had, dropped into the glass thingy in hospital during a "pp" session! When doc saw it, his words...."OK, you can go home now"

And yes, do not talk about the pain beforehand leading to this. :w00t:

Haven't had Kidney stones, but have had Gall Stones. Just as bad. Landed up in hospital while on holiday in Ballito end September with Liver failure due to some of the stones having moved into my pancreatic and bile ducts and subsequently causing blockages. Looked like a Minnion for a couple of days I was so yellow :w00t: .

Have just had two rounds of surgery. The first being an ERCP to clear the blockages and the second was the removal of the Gall Bladder.

One doesn't realise how much you use you stomach until you have had it sliced open and it hurts like hell when you cough/sneeze/try blow your nose or laugh.

Strength to all.

Shame man..heal up fast.

That lower back pain is the closest pain a man can't get to labour pains... as for passing a kidney stone..I can only imagine that that must be very painful.

Thanks Gen

• 1 year later...

Just come out of hospital for 2nd time in 2 weeks. First stent. Week later back to blast the little bastard. My question now how long before I can get back in the saddle. Giba is calling. Withdrawal symptoms.