Suikerbosrand Cycling

Johan Bornman

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about making the sachets from something that can be digested by an animal?

even better if riders could do it

I don't think GU or any of the other manufacturers 'should' do anything. As it is there are a number of options out there, and making packing biodegradable doesn't solve the immediate issue of some prick throwing their wrapper to the ground.

In fact it'll just make them feel vindicated for being pigs. "Oh it's biodegradable, so I can just throw it"

The ultimate and only real responsibility 'should' and 'does' lie with the individual to not throw their wrappers and assorted crap around. Especially! In a nature reserve! It's common sense, which as we know is a rapidly fading commodity.

Perhaps the offenders should be made to squeeze their litter up their own asshole. Hows that for perspective.

Edited by danger dassie

:thumbup:

And who the hell trains with gels in their pockets in the first place ?

It's friggin training, not racing.

I tried the HTFU argument earlier. They seemed appalled...

Great minds, or fools?

no excuse for littering, the people doing this are silly.

but just coming up with ideas

:thumbup:

And who the hell trains with gels in their pockets in the first place ?

It's friggin training, not racing.

if you need a gel at SBR you shouldn't training there.

I was just giving one example and it might not work 100%, but at least it's the first step in the right direction. We're busy brainstorming for the companies, but I like the ideas being put forth. It might be easier for a two or three companies to change something than for thousands of users to change their behaviour. What about edible packaging and when you mix it with water it almost evaporates? These are just ideas so we can go wild! Like monkeys on Gu! PS. I wrote an email to Gu (most prevelant goo manufacturer I know) so we'll see if I get a response.

I think the major issue here can be summed up by one word.....

Integrity (or lack thereof)

There is two things that really pisses me off. One is the Rhino situation and two are these bucks dying.

The people littering are not much better than poachers in my opinion.

Ek gaan jou hard bliksem as ek jou sien mors... binne `n natuurresrevaat of buite ek gee nie om nie.

PS. I wrote an email to Gu (most prevelant goo manufacturer I know) so we'll see if I get a response.

Awesome. Please keep us updated. Oh, and well done on taking a stand.

What a stupid argument. Using your analogy, the company is jointly liable if you use your gu sachet to kill someone. But automobile manufactureres are jointly responsible for the environmental damage they cause (which compares to Gu and littering) - why do you think they try to reduce emissions, develop electric cars, etc. At least they own up to their responsibility and try to do something about it. What has the Gu company said about all the products littering their road? If I was the CEO I would be very upset, number 1 that people litter with my product and 2 that a negative conotation is being created with the product. And then I'll try to solve it. Does this sound unreasonable?!

Don't feed it man!

I was just giving one example and it might not work 100%, but at least it's the first step in the right direction. We're busy brainstorming for the companies, but I like the ideas being put forth. It might be easier for a two or three companies to change something than for thousands of users to change their behaviour. What about edible packaging and when you mix it with water it almost evaporates? These are just ideas so we can go wild! Like monkeys on Gu! PS. I wrote an email to Gu (most prevelant goo manufacturer I know) so we'll see if I get a response.

what happens if you racing and it rains?

I still think the DNA route might work........... Thats the only way we will catch the fukkers for sure.........

Make the sachets biodegradable and all and sundry will start thinking like smokers.

Don't give the pigs even more just cause to litter.

Exactly! That's why they need to make goo flavours that aren't appealing to antelope.

"Manure Melody"

"Roadkill-toad-tastic"

"Sweaty-pit Surprise"

I think these flavour ideas would go down well with the target market (those that throw goo packets on the ground)

Exactly! That's why they need to make goo flavours that aren't appealing to antelope.

"Manure Melody"

"Roadkill-toad-tastic"

"Sweaty-pit Surprise"

I think these flavour ideas would go down well with the target market (those that throw goo packets on the ground)

Nat hond geur (wet dog flavour)

Just a question or two:

Were autopsies conducted on the dead animals? When you read about the effects of plastic on wildlife, you read about animals suffocating or getting caught in bags. A goo satchet is relatively small. Did the anelope choke on the goos? Or were they found in the gastrointestinal tracts of the animals?