Suikerbosrand Cycling

Johan Bornman

Yeah, I read your post.

It's like the american argument that the automobile manufacturer should be jointly liable if some dickwad driving it runs someone over.

I appreciate that you say cyclists should take responsibility, but the other part is ludicrous.

I am with Andy on this one. Bio degradable sachets makes good sense, and surely isn't "ludicrous".

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am with Andy on this one. Bio degradable sachets makes good sense, and surely isn't "ludicrous".

They'd still be chucked on the floor, and chances are the bokkies would have eaten em before the bio degraded and died anyway.

Making them bio-degradeable doesn't mean they disintegrate the moment the touch the ground.

Do you chuck empty bottles and take away boxes out of the window of your car while driving? Then why do it when cycling?

I have a solution...

Every cyclist must give a DNA sample and it must be put into a database. No sample = no race entry (Argus, 94.7 etc)

Then if I see a empty gu packet along the road I will carfully pick it up CSI-style and send it in for testing. The cyclist then who test positive must be fined or whatever.

It sounds far fetched I know but it can actually work.......

Is it expnsice to do DNA testing?

Alternatively GU should give discount if you return empty sachets when buying the new gels.... almost like beer quart bottles?

Is it expnsice to do DNA testing?

Massively so.

Oh, and on the bio degradeable nonsense, in a case like this, the manufacturer wont even change anything. Maybe the packet colour, and hike the price 2 or 300%

They'd still be chucked on the floor, and chances are the bokkies would have eaten em before the bio degraded and died anyway.

Making them bio-degradeable doesn't mean they disintegrate the moment the touch the ground.

Yes, this is a valid point.

My last suggestion would be to have the gatekeepers of Suikerbosrand stop all cylists entering the facility and empty their pockets. Therefore no gels or anything resembling plastic will be allowed inside. Only the odd piesang-skil my go in. You can get your crap back on your way out. And we cyclist must pay these gatekeepers salaries.

Just because bio-degradable sachets aren't the final cure for human selfishness doesn't mean the idea doesn't have merit.

Make the sachets biodegradable and all and sundry will start thinking like smokers.

Don't give the pigs even more just cause to litter.

on the topic of out of the box ideas, how feasible would it be to have edible packaging? Just swallow the whole lot ?

run, hide, keep your kids inside .........

How about making the sachets from something that can be digested by an animal?

how about the guys just stop throwing the stuff onto the floor, this is at the end of the day a nature reserve!!!!

How about making the sachets from something that can be digested by an animal?

on the topic of out of the box ideas, how feasible would it be to have edible packaging? Just swallow the whole lot ?

run, hide, keep your kids inside .........

Great minds, or fools?

how about the guys just stop throwing the stuff onto the floor, this is at the end of the day a nature reserve!!!!

:thumbup:

And who the hell trains with gels in their pockets in the first place ?

It's friggin training, not racing.