Question to Admin

Big H*

Now let's all go out and play on our bikes.

As an avid hub user I would appreciate a detailed break down why a thread is locked. This did not happen straight away with the thread in question at first.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GATVOL dis hoe ek voel!

Hoekom met sekeres altyd back down vir ander?

Everybody fights for their little place in the sun... Heck why not join...

Still no need for TW to single out, coz by doing that he picks a debate / fight / requires a response ....

Glove on ground at me. I pick bare feet at dawn :devil:

Single out? You posted a criticism of the moderation here. I answered it. No fight here.

Know what, sometimes you can be so harregat and only choose to see things your way.

So to be honest, we are all guilty here.

But tell me and riddle me this, what are your thoughts on Hitler ?

Terrible facial grooming, but they didn't have GQ in those days;

Now let's all go out and play on our bikes.

As an avid hub user I would appreciate a detailed break down why a thread is locked. This did not happen straight away with the thread in question at first.

Threads become locked when it is believed that there is offensive material that needs to be removed so that the thread can continue. Threads are also locked when a moderator seeks the advice of the rest of the moderating team to decide if the thread can continue in terms of the rules of the fourm. Sometimes it is possible to do this without shutting down the whole thread, and posts can be removed, and are only visible to the mods, who then make a call on them, but not always.

Surely it's not just a matter of what has been said but what could be said if the thread is allowed to carry on?? In that case the thread should maybe be locked..

I now see why people get up at 04:30 in the morning. So they can get the training thing done and then spend the rest of the day talking shots at each other on the hub!

Just FYI, I am a bit of a racist - I dislike Blue Bulls! Should this be moderated in the same way that say someone goes out and says, oh I don't now, I dislike Afrikaanse mense van Pretoria Noord/Muslims/Christians?

South Africans are just waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to sensitive about some things. Been there done that!

Thought I was on the wrong forum ! Thanks

Well if you need advice on cycling you are on the wrong forum.

If you need advice on moral issues...Well you are still on the wrong forum. :D

If you want to buy and sell stuff, then you are at the right place!

The reason why I asked this question was to try and understand why the "evolution" thread was allowed to reach a kazillion pages, where Christians amongst others were torn to pieces, was allowed to continiue unabated, whilst one joke (funny as well) on a muslim related post spurred the Monkey Mod, in a moment of panic to lock the thread.

I saw that as typical inconsistent standards as applied by moderators.

By the way that long and boring post trying to justify moderating by Wumbleteed made me think it was written by the long gone Big H in his "Goodbye" post. I thought Wumble protested too much.

Joke of the thread was Munkey Mod being called "ham fisted" on a thread about muslims.