What’s your supplement stack?

ya, there are days i crash before 9pm. Leg, back and swimming kills me but even then, i'll pass out before 9pm but then i wake up and its not even 12pm.

It's not stress.

You're training too late, and crashing too early. Let the endorphins calm down before attempting to sleep. That and stop shoving all that crap you posted down your throat.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pills I take are just vitamins and minerals. Ok, except the natural fat burner but that doesn't have any stimulants in it.

Nah, if I go to bed at 9, I'll walk up at 12ish...if I got to bed at 12 then I'll be awake at 3.

also doesn't help that its still so flippen hot at night!!!

Pills I take are just vitamins and minerals. Ok, except the natural fat burner but that doesn't have any stimulants in it.

Nah, if I go to bed at 9, I'll walk up at 12ish...if I got to bed at 12 then I'll be awake at 3.

also doesn't help that its still so flippen hot at night!!!

Try two glasses of good cabernet.

Best anti-oxidant that!!

Now you tell me! Will have to increase the daily consumption then. ;)

Sheesh, I rely on a few glasses of red wine, a bit of single malt whiskey and the latest dark blend of Nespresso.

Run hundreds of marathons, and at least 20 Ultra's, I dont know how many cycle races and the odd triathlon and I am still here and fine.

Alan Rob the great Comrades runner had a steak and egg breakfast before every marathon, look at his results, not too shabby.!

Alan Rob the great Comrades runner had a steak and egg breakfast before every marathon, look at his results, not too shabby.!

Maybe he was eating Spanish steak ???

What brand?

This is where you can save money! You can by any brand off the shelve and get totally nailed with price or you can phone a company called Warrenchem Specialities and pay about R140/kg. There is also this place you can order online from:

http://bssa.wozaonline.co.za

I came across them on the net. You can buy whey protein from them at about R120/kg as well. Check them out

When I was younger, I believed all the hype and tried pouring all the supplements down my throat hoping that it would make me a better sportsman. All it did was cost me money. I came to the realisation that there is no substitute for hard work. You should be able to get everything you need from a healthy balanced diet. I can't speak from a professional point of view as I am a recreational sportsman so finding the edge is not on my agenda.. I enjoy single malt whiskey, a good merlot and beer without a screw off cap. Throw in a nice piece of rib eye every now and again and finish that off with an espresso and life just doesn't get much better.

This is where you can save money! You can by any brand off the shelve and get totally nailed with price or you can phone a company called Warrenchem Specialities and pay about R140/kg. There is also this place you can order online from:

http://bssa.wozaonline.co.za

I came across them on the net. You can buy whey protein from them at about R120/kg as well. Check them out

@ Grebel - i'm not going overboard with supplements. I just use whey at the moment...buy keen to try glutamine to help my body recover faster.

Daily Omega 3.

Occasional calcium. All of us over 35 should do this. Cyclists also often have low bone density - althogh this would not include those who cycle as little as me!

Occasional multivitamin & mineral. I know this may all just be peed out but it makes me feel better!

Daily anti-oxidant

Thanks :) will have a look. @ Grebel - i'm not going overboard with supplements. I just use whey at the moment...buy keen to try glutamine to help my body recover faster.
Never said you were going overboard. Have a look at Wikipedia regarding Glutamine. Glutamine Edited by Grebel

I am a total supplement slut. My list goes like this

1. 2 x multi vit/day

2. 4000mg omega 3/day

3. 4000mg CLA/day

4. Chromium

5. ALA

6. Taurine

7. L carnitine

8. Glutamine

9. BCAA

10. 3 x whey protein/day

I have my 6 meals per day. I don't have energy fluctuations, sleep like a baby and look forward to every training session. Guess it works

Problem is you never train, bwahahahaha ;)

Do you have any money left to buy food??

When I was younger, I believed all the hype and tried pouring all the supplements down my throat hoping that it would make me a better sportsman. All it did was cost me money. I came to the realisation that there is no substitute for hard work. You should be able to get everything you need from a healthy balanced diet. I can't speak from a professional point of view as I am a recreational sportsman so finding the edge is not on my agenda.. I enjoy single malt whiskey, a good merlot and beer without a screw off cap. Throw in a nice piece of rib eye every now and again and finish that off with an espresso and life just doesn't get much better.

Totally agree with you. I say there is nothing wrong with people taking performance enhancing drugs whatsoever. Most of the pros who take (illegally such as bodybuilders, cyclists, rugby players etc etc) still have a very very hard work ethic and dedication. They would not have gotten to the top on drugs alone. They train harder and eat better than anyone they know of. Their body's are at the limit, and supplements will only help.

The problem is, the average guy, and especially teenagers think that supplements and illegal drugs are an easy way to get to the top or to look good and fit and healthy. Supplements are not an easy way out to hard training and dedication, its only a small portion of an intense lifestyle.