What to drink while riding??

Cyclenatic

It leaves us with Enduren as the energy drink to use.

Running is tougher than MTB'ing, yeah even road running. The best tasting recovery drink after a long run is Cream Soda. Trust me, try it...

Or if you are made from hollow poles, try Mountain Dew

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Running is tougher than MTB'ing, yeah even road running. The best tasting recovery drink after a long run is Cream Soda. Trust me, try it...

Even my 6 year old son knows it's Stoney Ginger Beer...

The best tasting recovery drink after a long run is Cream Soda. Trust me, try it...

:wacko: I even smell that stuff and I want to throw up. One too many John Deere experiences.

I used to use Whasp Amino Carb, but either my current batch is dodgy or something has changed because it now no longer seems to have any effect (had to hit a couple of walls before I realised that).

Stop farting around and buy a tub of 32GI

+1

32GI works great. I also mix coke and water on the ride as you can get it along the way.

But he is just a roadie, we talking mtb here not whus roadie crap.

:eek:

hmmm... think you can suck Froome's wheel? Vroom's even?

Here my complete amateur advice:

Go to dischem and a by biogen cytogen in either a R13 sachet or a R300 tub. Mix with 700mls water ( not 500 as indicated otherwise it is too sweet) and ride.

When training I only use half a sachet and it works just fine.

Cheapish and effective!

Mountain dew FTW!

My bru, daar is net een brew...

post-14134-0-10813100-1332918624.jpg

Go to dischem and a by biogen cytogen in either a R13 sachet or a R300 tub. Mix with 700mls water ( not 500 as indicated otherwise it is too sweet) and ride.

Cheapish and effective!

I agree with the sachets if you don't use energy drinks often. The tubs end up getting wasted as the powder goes all hard if you keep it too long.

I use the Cytomax sachets - like that fact that I can use different flavours as I get sick of the same flavour.

With increasing my training and race distinces, I decided to buy 32GI and have found it works really well for me on the long rides.

Nice nose plugs.

What do these okes put on the cotton wool? The way those DH guys and girls were getting revved up at Pmb, it sure as hell wasn't Deep Heat....

I use the Cytomax sachets - like that fact that I can use different flavours as I get sick of the same flavour.

:thumbup: I use cytomax sachets as well!

Cheapish and effective!

ek drink ook daai, dit werk vir my :)

To the OP what my learned collegues are trying to convey is this.

Energy drinks are weird what works for some doesnt work for others, youll have to try them and see which one works best for you personally.

I personally prefer Hammer, because its a mix of complex natural carbs, and its not very sweet. The longer you ride the sweeter your drink gets for some reason.

32gi works great for some doesnt work at all for others basically becuase to use 32gi if you cant take in any other kind of sugar i.e. sugar in your coffee before you ride, no sugar in your serial, and no glass of coke at the water point. If you do it renders the stuff useless.

Now that i have bought a new bike and is a poor again, im using evox, but only for a pre ride drink, while i ride i only use water, but long distance races ill still use hammer perpetium (unflavoured) doesnt taste like much but works like a charm.

Covie can you elaborate on the sugar/32GI issue? Why does sugar render 32GI useless?