[Event] NISSAN TRAILSEEKER #3 Down & Dirty

Tim_Fair

I already registered, just hope that they have made a plan with the bottlenecks, last years race was bottleneck mania, at some points we waited over ten minutes

Agreed - last year's bottlenecks put me off this race completely. Anyone know if there are route changes for this year?

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed - last year's bottlenecks put me off this race completely. Anyone know if there are route changes for this year?

I haven't entered yet, I'll wait to hear what's been done to sort out the bottle necks

The bottlenecks last yea,r were they in the 70km or the short?

I did the 40km and there were bottlenecks, I'm not sure about the 70km, hopefully it's been sorted. The main one I can remember was at the end of a long farm road going straight into some technical single track, waited quite a while there.

Last year It was my first marathon so by the time I got to the "bottle necks" they were gone.

there like white on rice, on a paper plate next to a polar bear in a snow storm!

If I remember correctly, the bottlenecks were caused by the 20,40 and 70 coming together with a about 5 or 6km to go. Only the really fast A batch marathon riders got through ok. If you were mid pack marathon or doing the 40 you were basically stuffed.

Looks like Tim and the boys have learned their lesson in previous races, so hopefully this will also be better(?)

Hey guys,

Rest assured the bottle necks have been sorted. Separate return routes for 40km, 70km and 20km, 10km! :thumbup:

I will post updated route maps next week.

Good stuff - to your credit you guys keep learning from previous years about the routes.

Now, just gotta work on those goody bags :-)

I am soooo tempted to do the 40km race. Any suggestions about training for it?

Spin at your local gym (in a class) x3 /week for 1 h and do 2h ride offroad weekends and you will be able to finish nicely.

I reckon the start times will change as i see the 70km guys are starting behind the 40km guys. And with that time split it looks like a mass bunch start

Cant seem to enter gives me this moerse orange warning!

• User warning: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1 query: select * from event_entry where nid in (2564) and uid in () in _db_query() (line 147 of /var/www/eventry.co.za/web/includes/database.mysqli.inc).
  • User warning: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1 query: select ml.field_license_uid_value as uid, ml.field_license_entity_nid as license_entity_id, ml.field_license_type_nid as license_type_id, ml.field_affiliated_province_nid as affiliated_province_id, ml.field_license_number_value as license_number, ml.field_license_expiry_date_value as license_expiry_date, ml.field_license_last_updated_value as last_updated, ml.field_license_status_value as license_status, ml.field_license_validated_value as validated from content_type_member_license ml where ml.field_license_uid_value in () in _db_query() (line 147 of /var/www/eventry.co.za/web/includes/database.mysqli.inc).
  • User warning: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1 query: select ml.field_license_uid_value as uid, ml.field_license_entity_nid as license_entity_id, ml.field_license_type_nid as license_type_id, ml.field_affiliated_province_nid as affiliated_province_id, ml.field_license_number_value as license_number, ml.field_license_expiry_date_value as license_expiry_date, ml.field_license_last_updated_value as last_updated, ml.field_license_status_value as license_status, ml.field_license_validated_value as validated from content_type_member_license ml where ml.field_license_uid_value in () in _db_query() (line 147 of /var/www/eventry.co.za/web/includes/database.mysqli.inc).