Shifting indicators or not (MTB)

Gluteus Maximus

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol no....some people think its arty, but its actually just looks like a piece of ****

edit - looks like cos it needs to be upgraded now!

I am this close to post-271-0-03711400-1333605933.jpg

Hey guys!

What setup do you guys ride? with gear indicators or not? I am considering removing them from my XT drivetrain, for brake lever positioning.

Do you get lost in the rear gears?

Thanks!

I also have XT and took my indicators off so that I could my brake levers further in.

I really havent missed the indicators. A quick glance every now and again is fine.

post-615-0-16454500-1333606060.jpg

I feel it...its like the force but stronger hehehehhee. Seriously though the only place i shift alot is in tight singletrack with steep ups and downs and tight turns with some tech obstacles, there they might be usefull but that means taking your eyes of the trail which isn't an option really, so still useless.

Ah, here is the point of having them.. if you had to look, better to look at the bars than down at the rings..

Ah, here is the point of having them.. if you had to look, better to look at the bars than down at the rings..

nah neither is good, taking your eyes off the track(indicators or rings) is sure to result in bad taste in your mouth. Take them off, learn to feel which gear you are in, don't use granny to simplify things(you dont need granny in singletrack anyway). Did i mention your drop 20g.... :whistling:

Edited by rouxtjie

20g??!! Been wondering what has been holding me back.. :cursing:

That and maybe drop the kids off at the pool before a ride, I find I am almost 2 seconds faster then.

clutter on the cockpit that is useless. Oh and you save 20g

Precisely why I shave my balls.

Precisely why I shave my balls.

You should really wax, removes the follicles which is another .0001g

Up your game bob

I want to take the indicators off so that I can run my shifter outboard of the brake leavers. I like to have the brake leavers quite far inboard but then I struggle to reach the **** leavers with me short fingers! :blush:

I agree with rouxtjie, learn to feel what gear you are in.... :thumbup: .

Hey guys!

What setup do you guys ride? with gear indicators or not? I am considering removing them from my XT drivetrain, for brake lever positioning.

Do you get lost in the rear gears?

Thanks!

Just to be sure - you have already removed the plastic thingy next to your cassette as well as any reflectors in your spokes? ????

Hasn't helped me go any faster :(

Yeah, the trick is lose one, and then have treatment from Dr Ferrari...