sani2c - newbie questions

-Gazza-

Hi nobody,

Willing to pay whatever the noahs ark shuttle would have charged, think it was about R550.

Do you have someone willing to drive a bakkie down?

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any way that the folks at home can follow your progress?

For example, with the Epic you could register to follow a rider and receive an e-mail when they finished a stage with their stage results. I've had a look at the sani2c website but couldn't see anything.

Check list for stage races. Should have most stuff on it :-)

What site is that from?

Can anyone advise.. I'm flying up from cpt. What does one do wih the kit bag that I will be flying with once I have packed it into the box..(bike is going with Cyclelab)

As far as I am aware you can hand in your kit bag at registration and they will give it back to you at Scottburgh

Taken from the Sani2C website --

Kit not required during the race needs to be handed in at registration and will be available at the finish in Scottburgh only.

No site. I had a friend that was anal about getting things ready so he made a check list and sent it too me. Page 2 even goes on about mixing his juice etc ha ha

will anyone be riding with a GoPro or other action camera? it this still allowed at the Sani? nowadays it seems more and more races are banning them

will anyone be riding with a GoPro or other action camera? it this still allowed at the Sani? nowadays it seems more and more races are banning them

Great question...I am taking mine, think its against the rules if it is mounted on your helmet, but should be fine if mounted on your bike...anyone know for sure

As far as i know the rules say you can have them mounted on your bike but not on your body or helmet.

Subsequent to a recent substitution, i have a large clothing set to swop for a medium, if there are other participants looking for a large set, let me know and we can meet up at registration.

mail me on stofdonkie at me dot com

Probably a dorf question.

But do you know if there will be internet connectivity at overnight stops? I need to work when finished.

Thks

Another newbie question.

How cooll will it be in the mornings when we start and should you wear a thermal log sleave sports shirt or will arm warmers be enough. I saw that on the JHB2C there was an assortment of dress which was difficult to gauge what to where.

Secondly, do you take a 2L or 3L camelbak?

From what I remember from J2c last time is, mornings are pretty chilly, then it warms up nicely. It sucks because you have the choice of taking warm clothes and carrying them the whole day, or else packing them into your box and stand around being cold until the race start.

Secondly, do you take a 2L or 3L camelbak?

from what i have been told the water points are well stocked and plentiful so you should be able to get by with just two bottles. That said I am taking a 1.5l but largely because of the pocket to carry some extra spares...but still contemplating leaving it at home...