sani2c - newbie questions

-Gazza-

Hi,

I have a few questions about the sani2c.

- Regarding the boxes, do you get one per team or Two? Looking at some of the stuff that I need to bring with, my first concern is my sleeping bag. If we are limited to one box, the sleeping bags are going to take up nearly all the space.

Can you guys share some secrets of packing for the race.

More questions to follow, im just getting started.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pack a zip loc bag or two for putting muddy, whet, stinky clothes in to keep the rest of your stuff dry and clean. Pack a few sheets of newspaper to put in your wet shoes overnight so they'll be dry and nicer to put on in the morning. Both the above takes virtually no space and make life so much more comfortable.

Thanks for the advice, charging Gps's. I have heard about charging stations. Is this a Myth or an service provided by the organisers.

Thanks for the advice, charging Gps's. I have heard about charging stations. Is this a Myth or an service provided by the organisers.

They have charging stations at the end of each day. Mahala I think. Pack a roll of black bags - multiple uses.

Just went out to find a box which matchs the spec's above. The box is huge, are we talking about 150 litters of space per rider?

Just went out to find a box which matchs the spec's above. The box is huge, are we talking about 150 litters of space per rider?

100 litres.

Sleeping bag does take up some space but can easy fit it what you need. Agree with DJR, take ziplock bags with each day's riding kit pre packed in it. End of the stage, take off the dirty kit and bang in the bag. Much easier than rummaging around in the box in the ams. Remember still dark when you wake up so don't want admin. Need some warm kit too. At end of day 3, once you hand in your box, you have to still carry all your stuff that was in the box back to the car /bus so get whoever picks you up to bring a big bag.

i had to return my adventure ticket on thursday,, my partner fell and we decided to return our tickets and give it a go next year.. GAZZA - i hope you trained as it is alot of fun and for me only day 2 was hectic! day 1 and 3 was FUN!! enjoy the smart kit/jackets/shirts etc, we really received awesome goodies last year!!! have fun guys!!

1. Pack each days riding kit before you leave in a ziplock bag and kneel on it to get all the air out before you seal it - takes up much less space. Also, if all your days riding kit is in one bag, much easer to just grab that bag and change then to search for gloves here, socks there etc, etc - especially in the dark and rain!

2. You'll need less clothes than you think!

3. Leave all the clothes you won't need in the car - for when you finish.

4. We used one box for bike bits and spares, and the other for clothes only - you should easily get both your and your partners clothes in one box.

5. Get compression socks - they work!

I think its officially about 120lt per rider, but still substantial.

My packing list for Sani2C:

-Day2 Cycling kit (bibs, shirt, underarmour vest, arm warmers, seal skin socks for the water crossings, buff, gloves)

-Day3 Cycling kit (same as above)

-Rain jacket (just in case)

-chain cleaner, cleaning brush, 2 x drying cloths and cleaning liquid for bike

-spares - what you carry on your bike plus 2 x sets of brake pads

-toiletries

-pillow

-single bed fitted sheet

-sleeping bag

-civvies (track suite pant, 2 x shorts, sani2c jacket, 2 x T Shirts, beanie, extra socks, 2 x boxer shorts, strops, cap)

-celphone/ipad charger (charging stations at the race villages)

-garmin charger

-proper cutlery (plastic knives and forks sucks)

-chamois towel (saves space and dries quickly)

-petzl light

Mark everything and put in seperate ziplock bags for easy access and to keep it dry in the even of some wet weather.

What not to pack:

-snacks - plenty of snacks, cooldrink and food in the villages for free (beer too if you know where to go)

-common spares like chains and CO2 cartrages (bike shop prices are reasonable and they'll have stock. Take your own brake pads though, because chances are that if you're needing them, everyone else will too, ie wet weather)

What to carry with you:

- Camelback (optional, but handy for rain jacket and other warm clothes)

- In the camelback I usually have:

*small leatherman tool (knive and pliers are particularly handy, 1 per team)

*tyre plugs x 3 and plugging tool (get the thick motorbike types)

*small (50ml) bottle of stans (1 per team)

*a few small cable ties

*celphone

- Seat bag with:

*one slimed tube

*tyre levers (1 set per team)

*CO2 cartrages X 2

inflator (1 per team)

*tyre boot

*drop out

*multitool with chain breaker (1 per team)

*power link