sani2c - newbie questions

-Gazza-

Rode the Trail. First time doing Sani2c. Was a great experience. Don't want to rehash all the good stuff being said.

I have 3 complaints - Firstly no clothing in the box when we registered. Now I enetered and paid in Sept, they knew I was coming and had my money. I almost left my warm jacket at home, luckily I kept it in the car or else I'd have been stuffed. Secondly, after the finish there were no boxes with our kit. We had to wait over an hour for them to arrive. Not so great when you want a shower and need to pack up to drive back to JHB. Lastly, not as important, but a warm/hot shower at the end would be great.

They did say during the ride we could get the missing kit after the race, a bit of an anti-climax. Even then, only had the Salamon jackets and will now hopefully get the Aca Joe jackets posted. We wait in anticipation.

Unfortunately, sometimes the small things tend to outweigh all the great things.

How was the ride? (i.e. the reason why you went there?)

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Wait for your box" - so, it's OK for you or anybody else to have a mechanical on route, but OH, BOY, just not the poor truck moving the boxes......you sound like a typical roadie...

1 box got incorrectly packed by the Underberg Primary School.....1 out of 4,500....jeesh, that's a bloody good percentage....(sorry, it had to be yours!)

Cold shower......you are definitely a roadie and not a REAL MTB'er!! :thumbdown:

Rather, be grateful to have had the opportunity to have ridden THE BEST TRAILS in SA for over 3 days......think of everything that went right!!! and start to list them.... :thumbup:

Seriously? You're saying Sani was *** because you didn't get your freebies on time, had to wait a bit for your box, and had a cold shower? And that all outweighs all the great things the event does for the communities along the way, let alone the fantastic riding into the valley?

I'd sleep naked in a hole in the ground with no showers for a month to get the opportunity to ride into the Umkomaas again.

Perhaps Sani isn't the event for you then.

How was the ride? (i.e. the reason why you went there?)

The ride was great. As I said, I don't want to rehash all the good things being said.

Maybe read carefully before being critical. I implied there were a lot of good things. I also said lastly but not that serious was the cold showers. A warm/hot shower would still be better.

It is a bit of a let down when the clothes that were promised and "paid" for as well as sizes selected well in advance, were just not available. Also with no explanation.

There was an entire truck that arrived at almost 12. Once again no explanation other than it is not here yet.

It all just took away a bot of the magic at the end.........imho.

just remembered something.....whoever was in tent 614 on the adventure must have thought the tents came with lighting...cos my partner left his headlamp hanging up on the first night....and i left mine on the second night :oops:

will do meneer, we caught that crash on gopro perfectly, anyone riding in that big bunch(mostly nokia lumina kitted peeps) in the race day3 after WP1?

Hey hey, I was one of the Nokia boys, are you talking about that crash that happened in that bend just before the forest climb?

Please send me footage as I just entered the forest when I thought my team mate had gone down in it...

hey Velo, met your Mrs at the hotel after the adventure. I had a hub shirt on and we landed up chatting. She had a netcare top on ?

Yeah - she mentioned bumping into a guy with a hub top on. She had a ball - loved the event, the sense of community, and really enjoyed the riding, although the testosterone got a bit too much for her. Getting cut off going into single track by guys who THINK they can ride their bikes was a regular occurrence. On chap pulled that move, tried to stay ahead of the ladies and ended up crashing and breaking his wrist. I struggle to keep up with my wife on technical single track...

Did the Adventure and had an absolute ball! Amazing how the body adapts! Had never previously ridden further than 75kms and now managed to do 3 days of it back to back!

Loved the fact that I didn't have to queue for bathrooms and showers as it was definitely a male dominated ride!

Good to meet some fellow Hubbers on the track!

...next up... 3 Towers!!! :clap:

.. although the testosterone got a bit too much for her. Getting cut off going into single track by guys who THINK they can ride their bikes was a regular occurrence.

The same experience for me. After day 1, I got the lecture from hubby that I should toughen up and that I was being too nice. A lot of pushing and shoving from some men, on and off the track. I rode and plated my food(!) more defensive and that worked out well.

Edited by Fester

On the adventure, there was a guy who tried to wheelie across the floating bridge, does anyone know if it has been done before ?

Hey hey, I was one of the Nokia boys, are you talking about that crash that happened in that bend just before the forest climb?

Please send me footage as I just entered the forest when I thought my team mate had gone down in it...

hehehhe meneer...yip that same one...oke on a ellsworth came down good and proper and some other oke in the bend. That nokia "bussie" was lekker, motored through the middle section. the footage is huge...high def. Will make a plan to burn to dvd and give to josh...you can collect from him

Anyone interested in swapping their small Aca Joe jersey for my medium...? ( I will pay for the postage)

2 years ago I watched some b*stard about 100m behind us doing a one handed wheelie the whole way up day 3's Heartbreak Hill :eek:

B*astard because he was doing the same speed we were and he was casually chatting away with his partner who was straining as much as we were in our granny gears.

@Ratty.

How did you end up? All work out for you?

All worked out well in the end. Had a fantastic replacement partner and enjoyed every minute of it.